Pumpkin plant dying

travis77July 9, 2014

So if you look at the pictures the plant is not doing good. The pictures are just a few days apart. I know you will need more information before you can help so just ask. Also my watermelon plant is doing the same thing but not as bad.

I do not know if I'm over watering or under watering. I have a moisture meter and it says it is dry the first 6 in or so but after that it says it is moist. I water every other day. Does it just need more Nitrogen or something else.

Like I said I'm not sure what kind of information you need so if you have a question just ask.
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
travis77

Next picture

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 12:51AM
travis77

This is what was killing it. They are all up in the vine.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 1:58PM
ccabal(7)

Hard to see the last picture, but I'm assuming its SVB.
Once the plants get real established and they get to root into the ground along the vine, the plant can usually survive some SVB damage. Since you are in zone 7, you have time to start again. Go get yourself some "tulle" fabric, get a big piece of it, and cover your next seedling you plant. Keep them covered (all the way to the dirt,)so the moths cannot get under it and reach your plants, as that is how they get there... eggs laid one the vine by the moths.
Keep the plants covered as long as possible, and then when you remove the covers, mulch and cover as much of the vine part as possible. You should do much better.

By this time the plants will be well established, and you should be able to get some pumpkins.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
Pie off between Baby Blue Hubbard and Winter Luxury Pie Pumpkin
We made pies from both squashes and the family decided...
springtogarden
HAVE: Round Robin SquashSwap
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg011538403422.html?6...
fresc1000
How to ammend soil and seed timing
We live on a rocky hillside in Southern California....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
Using a Hot House cover to keep away bugs
HI All, I have been trying to grow pumpkins here for...
jokuehn
New England Orange Hubbard Pumpkin
When a New England Blue Hubbard Squash is pollinated...
acorneti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™