Handle dipper gourds.

cncnorman(z7 FW/TX)July 2, 2007

I have just sprouted about ten handle dipper gourds using the baggie method. Does anyone know if I am just spinning my wheels? I am praying that we have enough time left in the growing season for me to get fruits but I don't know how to tell.

Thanks!

Christina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ole_dawg(7 UpCountry SC)

Hello,
Well you already have a week or two jump on the season as you have yours sprouted. Get them out in the ground and water and feed them just like you should. I just checked the first frost date for your area and it shows anywhere from Nov. 1 to Nov. 30 so you have at least 4 months. I also check the average growing time for dippers and Johnny's shows 125 days so you should be on the money. I would say you have time, but we both know that things can change in that length of time. Go for it. Prepare your ground well and lace it with good compost or manure (aged) or even better yet are, IMHO, Worm Castings. Fish fertilizer like Neptune's Harvest would not hurt. That is what the giant pumpkin growers swear by. Keep us inform as to their progress and GOOD LUCK
1eyedJack and the Dawg

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 9:31AM
More Discussions
Splendid SquashSwap...What are you growing this year?
Hi guys! I am hosting a pumpkin and squash seed swap!...
fresc1000
New Blue Banana
Guatemala and other blue banana squash fruits are known...
acorneti
Blue Gyroscope
Cucurbita maxima 'Blue Gyroscope' is a cross with mother...
acorneti
This year's winter squash winners and losers
This year I tried the following C Maxima squashes....
tcstoehr
Will this ever result in an actual pumpkin?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™