Sedum kamchaticum

swtnsassy(7)June 25, 2008

I live in zone 7 in Arkansas. I have a rock bed that has Sedum kamchaticum for ground cover.

When it first started growing it was sooooooo pretty. However, the leaves are now turning yellow and it looks as if it is dying. Our temps have been in the upper 80's and 90's and I have been watering them every 2-3 days. Do you think I am overwatering it? I am thinking I might be, but even some of the leaves are wilted looking. They ARE planted very shallow. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kimberly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HerbLady49(Z6 PA)

Sedum kamchaticum is a tough plant, and extreamly drought tollerant. Watering shouldn't hurt the plant if the soil is bone dry. The biggest problem I have with my sedum is ants. They love to create nests and will cause the plant to die. Check the area, and if there are no ants than only water if the soil is dry. Also, make sure nobody has sprayed herbicide near the plant. Herbicides can drift from 100 feet on a mildly windy day.

Bookmark   June 26, 2008 at 12:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diggerdee zone 6 CT

I wonder if maybe you are overwatering? Are you checking the soil before you water? I have a large swath of this on a dry rocky slope near the street, in hot full sun with the reflected heat from the asphalt, and I hardly ever water them.

Is this a new planting for you? I'd check that they are firmly planted, and then check the soil before watering. Hopefully they will spring back for you. This is a tough plant and hard to kill.

Good luck!
:)
Dee

Bookmark   June 26, 2008 at 10:07PM
More Discussions
at a loss on good ground cover...
I would like a ground cover to fill in the rest of...
bgaviator
Need Advice. Flowering Groundcovers and Moisture
Friend is redoing an entrance way to an apartment...
alexis717_df
Is my dymondia dying?
I have dymondia in a roughly 12' x 12' area with a...
sheckylovejoy
replacing sod with Dwarf Jasmine
My septic mound is currently covered with Dwarf Jasmine...
dseeds
ICE PLANT???
Is anyone else ready for spring? Thanks for viewing....
halocline
Sponsored Products
Pink Rose & Sedum Pot Arrangement
$12.99 | zulily
White Faux Dahlia & Sedum
$12.99 | zulily
Pink Perennial Sun Garden Four-Root Set
$14.99 | zulily
Magenta Rose & Sedum Pot Arrangement
$24.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™