yellow pear tomato question

blazepepper(7b)July 1, 2008

I purchased a yellow tomato plant from east village hardware this srpign. 1st of all, it is doing great and I absolutely love the tomatoes I'm getting from it. My question is, they were sold as yellow pear, but these tomatoes do not look like pictures of yellow pears i see on line. mine are much more solid and oval/plum shaped, and the pics i see on line are more pear shaped and almost translucent in color. Any Idea exactly what variety these are? I'd sure like to know so I can continue to grow them.

the plant is about 4 and 1/2 feet tall. thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Um. Yeah. Me too.
Those are peppers I grew with Holy Comforter but sell at work. They were from a purchased package of "yellow pear tomato" seeds from Baker Creek!
I've never seen anything like them before, but I ate one and they are delicious. When mine fruits more I'll take a photo of it and ask on a tomato forum. Maybe we can get an ID!

GGG

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 9:48PM
blazepepper(7b)

Thanks GGG for the follow up, I'm sure enjoying this plant, right now I'm getting 2-4 ripe ones a day. They are just big enought to slice up nicely in a salad. I have see 2 green horned tomato worms on it, so they must like them as well. Let me know what you find, or when you take a pic of yours to compare. thanks

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 9:09PM
blazepepper(7b)

I've been a doing a little research online to see if I could find a tomatoe like ours GGG. So far, the closest I've found is a Fargo #5906 plant from tomatogrowers.com.
check this site and tell me what you think:
http://www.tomatogrowers.com/yellows.htm
I believe it is the 6th tomato from the top on the page.

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 2:41PM
blazepepper(7b)

just wanted to bump this one back up the order, GGG, have you had any luck trying to figure out what these bad boys are? Mine are really starting to go now, at least 4 or 5 bright yellowones every day or so. I can hardly keep up w/ eating them all. let me know

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 11:38AM
More Discussions
have: have: composted horse manure
I have composted horse manure on my farm, looking to...
horsecompost
free partially bags of fertilizer, lime, etc.
Can't move these. I have partial bags of fertilizer,...
Tricia
Where to find African Violets in Atlanta
Does anyone that uses this forum know a nursery in...
frankielynnsie
Plumerias
Would anyone like some plumeria trees. I post this...
ricky_23
Atlanta Seed swap
Would anyone be interested in doing an Atlanta seed...
planterjeff
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™