first crop of green beans

bmmalone(7)July 5, 2008

first year I have tried to grow veggies. Just picked my first batch of green beans. Husband and son saw them, talked me into washing them and then just blanching them in boiling water for 45 seconds, salt and butter and they were gone in about a minute! Tasted to good. Now I have to see what veggies I have left in the refrigerator to go with the chicken I am cooking!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
satellitehead(z8 ATL Metro)

i'm right there with you - first year growing beans - think we'll do haricot verts next year, maybe start them in late summer? also just pulled my first two tomatoes - these were marked as "Mortgage lifter", but clearly look like yellow tomatoes to me :)

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 5:59PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Sat. I am not sure if the French bean does well here. I haven't tried it yet because they are not as drought tolerant or as heat tolerant as regular old green beans. Lemme ask someone at the Farmers Market on Thurs. what they recommend...

I have been eating TOMATOES fresh from the garden. My beans are not in yet as I planted them so late...when I rip out the last of the lettuce later this week I will add more beans. The cherokee purple are so good with this new "mayo" I got..Miso Mayo. It's salty and delicious on a toasted tomato sandwich!

GGG

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 1:43PM
satellitehead(z8 ATL Metro)

add some arugula to that sandwich and i'm game ;)

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
Dracaena Massangeana - leaves are turning yellow and then brown!!
Hello, I bought a Dracaena Massangeana plant about...
daniel159
online peonies
Just ordered some peonies from a California nursery...
raptor1
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Camellia sinensis
"Camellia Sinensis" Tolerates more sun than...
girlgroupgirl
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™