As a follow up post to my companion planting question... What are everyone's favorite and hardiest choices for part to full shade? Photos would be appreciated, but if you don't have 'em don't worry.
Luzula nivea, Snowy Woodrush, zone 4:
Deschampsia caespitosa, Tufted Hairgrass, zone 4:
Sesleria caerulea, Blue Moor Grass, zone 5:
Chasmanthium latifolium, Northern Sea Oats, zone 5:
My favorites for shade:
1. Chasmanthium latifolium (upright)
2. Hakonachloa aureum (weeping)
3. Carex elata, Bowle's Golden Sedge
4. Miscanthus "Adagio" (more of a full sun plant, but can take quite a bit of shade in my experience)
Calamagrostis brachytricha, in my yard, grows nicer in shade than it does in sun.
I have these grasses growing in part shade:
1. Variegated purple moor grass (a little gem, imo)
2. Northern sea oats
3. Tufted hair grass (northern lights)