Tree Clearance Sale Gainesville

karyl7bJuly 25, 2012

Kinsey Family Farm in Gainsville has some very nice natives on clearance for anyone who may be interested. See:

Plant Sale Gainesville

I can speak for the following:

Serviceberry 'Autumn Brilliance' & 'Princess Diana' - 3 gal $10. Not that easy to find. I have two, they are outstanding. I will be buying more. This is an excellent bird plant!!

Dwarf Weeping River Birch 'Summer Cascade' 3 gal $10 and 7 gal $14. I have one of these. Love it. Mine is young but already weeping and the bark has begun to peel - lovely front yard tree. This alone is worth the trip IMO.

Riverbirch 'City Slicker' - 7 gallon for $10. I also grow this and the bark is truly white. It is borer resistant like a river birch though.

Eastern Redbud 'Forest Pansy' - 7 gallon for $10. Easy to grow, purple leaf cultivar. Give it some shade and it will be happy.

All of these are quite healthy plants, they are just over stocked. They have other trees on sale but I am all about the natives so wanted to share. It's a great deal.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosiew(8 GA)

Thanks, Karyl,

Not good timing for me, but you've reminded me to def check out the Kinsey Family Farm. I am going to plant some trees this fall, for sure. Don't have serviceberry yet, placing at the top of my list.

Rosie, Sugar Hill

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 9:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyl7b

Serviceberry is a good tree. Mine have always done extremely well here and they can handle some shade. I have 'Autumn Brilliance' but have grown the royal family series, including Diana. I plan on getting a Diana to ensure pollination on the AB but haven't gotten to the nursery yet. Birds love it. Fall color is stunning - my AB last fall:

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
FREE lime tree in pot (Atlanta/Buckhead)
Free to good home -- you must know how to care for...
alison234
Where should I plant a fatsia japonica?
Other than, in a milder climate. I've had it in a pot...
esga
Lake hartwell
Does anyone live on or near the lake? My husband saw...
josephene_gw
Howdy Folks!
Any of the old regulars still around? I have been...
vroomp
Shade Garden Ideas Help
I am renting a townhouse that has a 4X4 foot square...
jerseygarden123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™