Informal Patio filler

chase2634(z6)July 31, 2005

Can anyone give me some advice on a stone patio filler that is located primarily in sun all day except in the early AM. Zone 6. I have tried a white creeping thyme that has done well in only one section of the patio and the rest looks like it is beginning to die. I've tried a sedum as well and it just looks like it is struggling. I'm contemplating just going with a turf, but am concerned it will lift the stone. This is an informal stone patio, but we'd like it to have some filler besides sand between the stone. Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jhunter(Z5 NE)

I would like to piggy-back on your post, if I may. I have nearly finished my patio and am looking for a filler suitable for zone 5.

Mazus reptans is the only plant I've come across as particularly recommended for this use.

I am also growing to try seeding what I think is a mat dianthus that is growing in my front yard. However, I have read that the dianthus will die off in a few years, so I will need to keep replacing it with cuttings. I think it will be worth the effort.

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 1:10AM
More Discussions
Advice on transplanting kinnickinick
Hello, I've decided to reduce my slope because it is...
YorkiePooMama
liriope big blue question...
I am confused about liriope. I have a huge steep hill...
bgaviator
at a loss on good ground cover...
I would like a ground cover to fill in the rest of...
bgaviator
Dichondra - next to lawn, grow from seed, watering needs
Hello, I want to change the subject of the posting...
kwoksmusic
Dymondia Dying
Hello, A little over a week ago I purchased a bunch...
naveenreddy_la
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™