Blue Juniper ('Icee Blue') groundcover

kelly922August 12, 2012

Hi there - have 2 small 4 inch pots of Icee Blue Juniper waiting to go into the ground but I'm not sure how it spreads. Tag says it will spread anywhere from 6 - 8ft but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Is that - 6 - 8ft all around from the center of the pot? Or in one direction (as it seems from the pictures)? I know it sounds like a silly question but it really does matter in terms of where in the garden bed I plant them. (I'm looking for it to eventually fall over a low wall) Thx for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Growth is not necessarily going to be uniform......plants seldom grow in perfect circles :-) You should plan on a spread of a radius of 3-4' from the base of the plant but various conditions can alter that: planting on a slope, directional light conditions, source of water, training methods, etc.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 5:18PM
kelly922

I know I live in Utopia over here....perfect circles and pink ponies! LOL! Okay so that would make more sense - it just appeared from its pictures to grow "forward" mostly therefore my confusion. I will plan accordingly - thank you for your help!

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 8:57AM
Hill165

How much grass/weeds do I need to remove around blue rug junipers before I plant them on a sunny slope. I have seen conflicting information with regard to planting, spacing, and preparing the soil.

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
ajuga over Daffodil bulbs?
I am getting conflicting information about whether...
pink_petals
Alternatives To Decorative Bark Or Rock Ground Cover
Hey Have a small area I need to fill in & would...
dethcheez
Dichondra - next to lawn, grow from seed, watering needs
Hello, I want to change the subject of the posting...
kwoksmusic
replacing sod with Dwarf Jasmine
My septic mound is currently covered with Dwarf Jasmine...
dseeds
Ground Cover for Moist Shade?
Hello, I'm having trouble finding the right plant for...
rwhipple08
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™