2012 Convention - more pictures- last installment!

flootaJuly 25, 2012

I've just posted Part4 from this year's convention with lots of images. Hope you have a chance to visit! Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2012 Convention, Part 4

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
avedon_gw

Another great job, floota. I have gone through the photos several times, and I do like Blue Corn Moon, Aaron Brown, River Nile, and Carrick Wildon; my absolute favorite is Jan Zoo, what marvelous colors on that one. Sure would like to hear the story of its naming; speaking of which, most definitely different weirdest name must be Bellybutton Slipknots. Avedon

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 2:53PM
mantis__oh

This image, taken at Ashwood last year, captures the color of But Wait There's More. Later blooms show a doubling effect as in this image and Floota's image. A color that carries across the garden.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 10:29PM
nat4b(4)

Thanks for the pictures again! Aaron Brown is very beautiful, and Jan Zoo looks super, love it a lot.
Love the miniature train with plants and I've never heard or seen Chihuly glass (I don't even know how to say that :)), thanks for the tour!

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 11:36PM
organic_kitten(8)

Jan Zoo was a magnificent bloom! Loved it especially, but there were so many. It is always dangerous to look at yur posts Floota. I don't think there is ever a time I don't add to my wish list, and too often to my buy it now list.
kay

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 11:40PM
floota

Thanks everyone. Mantis, I really appreciate your posting the image of But Wait There's More, as I'd worried the picture was mis-labeled. But my pic looks like what you posted instead of the registration image. Good to know it sometimes doubles. I actually like the later bloom picture better than the registration picture.

Best wishes,

Julie

PS The glass at the Consservatory was created by Dale Chihuly ( Che-hoo -ly is the closet way to say it phonetically.) One little dish of his on display was selling for something like $7800 a couple of years ago, so these huge glass sculptures have to be PRICELESS!

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 8:31AM
nat4b(4)

That's what I thought re pronounciation, thanks. Wow, expensive!

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™