2012 Convention - more pictures- last installment!

flootaJuly 25, 2012

I've just posted Part4 from this year's convention with lots of images. Hope you have a chance to visit! Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2012 Convention, Part 4

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
avedon_gw

Another great job, floota. I have gone through the photos several times, and I do like Blue Corn Moon, Aaron Brown, River Nile, and Carrick Wildon; my absolute favorite is Jan Zoo, what marvelous colors on that one. Sure would like to hear the story of its naming; speaking of which, most definitely different weirdest name must be Bellybutton Slipknots. Avedon

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 2:53PM
mantis__oh

This image, taken at Ashwood last year, captures the color of But Wait There's More. Later blooms show a doubling effect as in this image and Floota's image. A color that carries across the garden.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 10:29PM
nat4b(4)

Thanks for the pictures again! Aaron Brown is very beautiful, and Jan Zoo looks super, love it a lot.
Love the miniature train with plants and I've never heard or seen Chihuly glass (I don't even know how to say that :)), thanks for the tour!

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 11:36PM
organic_kitten(8)

Jan Zoo was a magnificent bloom! Loved it especially, but there were so many. It is always dangerous to look at yur posts Floota. I don't think there is ever a time I don't add to my wish list, and too often to my buy it now list.
kay

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 11:40PM
floota

Thanks everyone. Mantis, I really appreciate your posting the image of But Wait There's More, as I'd worried the picture was mis-labeled. But my pic looks like what you posted instead of the registration image. Good to know it sometimes doubles. I actually like the later bloom picture better than the registration picture.

Best wishes,

Julie

PS The glass at the Consservatory was created by Dale Chihuly ( Che-hoo -ly is the closet way to say it phonetically.) One little dish of his on display was selling for something like $7800 a couple of years ago, so these huge glass sculptures have to be PRICELESS!

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 8:31AM
nat4b(4)

That's what I thought re pronounciation, thanks. Wow, expensive!

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
A Beautiful Spring Day Today
It is typical Alabama weather. Today was mid 70s,...
organic_kitten
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Question About Seed Sprouting
I was throwing out some old seed packets that were...
alameda/zone 8
Pretty Pinks Posing Prettily
There were a lot of pinks drawing my attention in the...
shive
May have cooked my seeds?
After a number of seasons of trying to find a warm...
del_s
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™