blue rug juniper

debo3191September 3, 2007

i have planted blue rug juniper...it is turning yellow in the middle...what is the problem...help!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tjsangel(z5 OH)

Yellowing usually means too much moisture. Is the area well drained? If you're providing extra water, stop. They dont need any, can survive on rainfall alone.

Jen

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 5:52PM
Carrie22

I too have 2 recently planted Blue Rug Junipers (planted 1 month ago) and they are turning yellow. I believe I have over-watered though I've only watered them twice, the watering was thorough because I was told that with newly planted 'plants' that they need to be watered more frequently until they are established. WHAT DO I DO IN THE INTERIUM? WILL THEY EVENTUALLY DRY OUT AND NOT DIE? I am going to check for mites or whatever but if it is not that, then I guess it is over watering. I am really sick about it.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 3:57PM
bogturtle(SE NJ 7a)

Be sure, also, that they have soil that not only dries out completely between watering, but that gives an acid reaction.
Hollytone, or some similar acidifying fertilizer, very sparingly applied, may provide the chelated Iron that many plants seem to need to keep them from yellowing.
I never allow any lime to get near any plant that seems to need a soil pH below 6. That includes most evergreens, and most plants of the Heath Family.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 12:39AM
More Discussions
Alternatives To Decorative Bark Or Rock Ground Cover
Hey Have a small area I need to fill in & would...
dethcheez
Dymondia Dying
Hello, A little over a week ago I purchased a bunch...
naveenreddy_la
Need Advice. Flowering Groundcovers and Moisture
Friend is redoing an entrance way to an apartment...
alexis717_df
Clover in place of grass
(Cross posted from drought) Can anyone tell me if these...
rosemint
replacing sod with Dwarf Jasmine
My septic mound is currently covered with Dwarf Jasmine...
dseeds
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™