free trees to give away

kayak_boy(z6 MI)April 12, 2005

I have a bunch of 12" - 18" trees I can't keep because I don't have the room. I have (1) to as many as (3) of the following:

red, silver, and sugar maples

red cedar

red pine

american tamarack

crab apple - not sure the cv.

pin oak

red oak

blue spruce

honey locust

If I think of others I'll add them to the list. Please reply if you are interested. Otherwise I don't know what I'll do with the trees. I've posted this in the trees forum too, so please disregard it if you see it there. Thank you very much.

Joe

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Irmgaard(5b MI)

where do you live?

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 1:29PM
eaglesight(5)

How would you transport them to someone who would take them? Would you expect the person to come get them or would you deliver? I live in Lima, Ohio and would love to get a crab apple, a red maple and a red cedar from you. We are just beginning to do bonsai and having free trees to start out with would do wonders for our budget! =) Also I have a brother at MU in Lansing. Where in MI are you located?

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 3:28PM
kayak_boy(z6 MI)

I am in Saginaw, and the trees are on family property in metro Detroit. I would ship the trees to you eagle since you are down in Lima. It is a long drive otherwise. I would be digging the trees bare-root to make them easier to ship. For anyone close by who wants to come pick some of them up or meet me half-way, I could pot them up.
I'll be digging up what I can this weekend, so get back with me soon if you are interested. Email me directly.
Joe

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 8:35PM
rmd4121(z5 IL)

I take it pick-up is first come first served. I'm located in NW suburban Chgo. Could you tell me how tall the spruces,cedars and pines are.
Would need to rent a van...thanks Kayak!

Bookmark   April 14, 2005 at 11:45AM
kayak_boy(z6 MI)

Rmd,
The trees are small (12" or so). If you can, get back with me asap. Email me directly. Leave your mailing address, and I'll ship what I can. Driving would be too far for you. I'll be digging on Saturday, so let me know
Joe

Bookmark   April 15, 2005 at 7:39AM
flight(z5OH)

I am interested in any crabapple. Do you want a trade (if so, what?) or postage? I would Like several if available - I make LOTS of jelly!
Thanks!

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 10:16PM
bumleftleg(z6 MI)

This is so nice of you! I live in Taylor, MI about 15 minutes out of Detroit. I would love to have a american tamarack, a blue spruce, and a red pine. (i'm not greedy, one would be fine too!) I'm disabled and can't travel far but would love to watch these trees grow in my yard. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do?
Thanks so much,
Bumleftleg / Mark

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 2:05AM
margie9153(6b mi)

do you still have any left i am in wayne and would drive over and dig some up

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 1:37AM
eileen53

KAYAK BOY; MY HUSBAND IS DISABLED AND UNABLE TO TRAVEL BUT HIS HOBBY IS TREES. IF YOU HAVE ANY TAMARAK AND OR CRABAPPLE TREES LEFT AND WOULD BE WILLING TO MAIL THEM TO ME I WILL REIMBURSE YOU THE POSTAGE, THEY CAN BE SHIPPED BAREROOT IF WRAPED IN NEWSPAPER AND PLASTIC. A COUPLE OF EACH WOULD MAKE MY HUSBAND ESTATIC. E-MAIL ME AT LCULP@SHAWNEELINK.NET AND LET ME KNOW.

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 8:41PM
eileen53

MY HUSBAND IS DISABLED UNABLE TO TRAVEL OR WALK VERY FAR. BUT HIS HOBBY IS TREES. I'M TRYING TO KEEP HIM ACTIVE AS HE IS ABLE. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANYONE WHO WOULD HELP ME WITH THIS ,WE LIVE IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS. OUR INCOME IS VERY LIMITED, BUT WE ARE WILLING TO PAY POSTAGE OR SHIPPING. WE HAVE 3 ACRES TO PLANT. HE LOVES NUT TREES, PERSSIMON, HEDGE APPLE, FRUIT TREES, TREES IN GENERAL. THANK YOU EILEEN53

Bookmark   February 11, 2006 at 3:16PM
paulawatsonem3_bellsouth_net

If you still have some treesp, I would send you a money order for the shipping. I just moved to a new location that has been dozed off and I miss my trees from my other home.

Bookmark   March 27, 2006 at 2:29PM
margie9153(6b mi)

hi hope all is good i am still intrested in trees i will come and pick them up
tks

Bookmark   March 30, 2006 at 4:09PM
seagle52

Can you still get any of the american tamarack trees? I would like to recieve a couple.

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 1:45PM
eileen53

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OSAGE ORANGE OR HEDGE APPLE STARTS OR SEEDLINGS?

Bookmark   September 24, 2006 at 10:23PM
Kamrose1_gmail_com

Hello,
Are there still free trees.I live in Colorado and am trying to do some fundraising and I had the idea that I would get trees(because you can always use more of them)hopefully forfree or for a very low price and then sell them maybe even selling my planting services to.Anyway if I were to get free trees I would be able to help the envirment and give the money I earn to a non-profit organization.I really hope youstill have free trees I have been looking everywhere.Thanks,bye.

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 3:44PM
Stephaniegomez31_gmail_com

I am interested in anything! Do you have anything left. I live on Sw Detroit.

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 1:50AM
alex1990(4)

Does anyone realize that this was posted 6 years ago?

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 4:44PM
More Discussions
WANTED: need stella's
I need stella daylilies for a project. I will pick...
simplycharming
wanted: scionwood wanted
I am looking for peach,chestnut,and apple treem scionwood....
seedeater
WANTED: Northern Ohio Tree Trading
I'm in Bedford, Ohio and interested in sharing, trading,...
actionclaw
WANTED: Garden Friends Spring Swap held in Washington Twp. June
Garden Friends Spring Plant Swap is being held on Sunday...
gardenpoppy
WANTED: want older blue hostas for dls
HI, ARE YOU MOVING OR RELANDSCAPING ...i AM NOT INTERESTED...
simplycharming
Sponsored Products
Modello Outdoor Side Table, Patio Furniture
$129.00 | FRONTGATE
Shark XT3601 Steam Pocket Mop Pads - 2 Pack - 622356530729
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Paris Plans Pillow Cover in Black
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Moen T6420BN EVA 2-handle Brushed Nickel Bathroom Trim Kit
Overstock.com
Collins Leather Chair - Brighton Polinesia Blue
Joybird Furniture