My egg gourds

dinkeydot(z7Tennessee)August 14, 2004

To follow up on my ealier post about egg gourds...

I have never seen so many gourds! Those egg gourd plants really produce. I know I must have at least 200 eggs and that on only with about 6 plants. I hope that it doesn't take TOO long for them to dry, (as I was informed by a very nice fellow forum member...Caseyst), because I really am looking forward to making ornaments with them. If they are like apple gourds, they will take a long time. My apples took what seemed like forever! At any rate, I will have enough of this kind of gourd to do me awhile and I can grow something different next spring.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
online_annie(z5 IL)

I have been trying to locate good seeds for egg gourds. Although I have purchased and planted many, I have yet to produce any actual egg gourds. I keep getting a strange crossbreed that is nothing like an egg gourd.
Would you be interest in selling some of your seeds I would like to try one more time next year.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Annie

Bookmark   October 12, 2004 at 10:00AM
sowngrow(TX8)

Wow-Dot-that's a bumper crop. I think I'll try planting some small gourds next year.
I skipped planting gourds this year and miss growing them.
Robin

Bookmark   October 13, 2004 at 10:08PM
dinkeydot(z7Tennessee)

Annie, I have answered you by e-mail. Robin, yes, the crop was great. Consider how many eggs I would have had if I had planted more seeds! :) :) My husband built many shelves in our garage and where there is room I have egg gourds all over them. It looks like I have robbed every hen's nest in the county! I have really enjoyed making Christmas ornaments with the ones that I have so these gourds won't go to waste. Thanks for your replies and interest, guys!
Dottie

Bookmark   October 14, 2004 at 7:00AM
mistyq(south carolina)

do you have any egg s to share?

Bookmark   November 13, 2004 at 2:52PM
More Discussions
Lloyd-ellipsoid
It's hard to grow C. moschata in hardiness Zone 6,...
acorneti
Melon-gresskar 'Mandela'
Cucurbita maximelo "Nelson Mandela's Sun"...
acorneti
This year's winter squash winners and losers
This year I tried the following C Maxima squashes....
tcstoehr
Squash varities
Hi! I've never cared much for squash, mostly due to...
HollowOakFarm
Please help ID the problem
This year my kabocha bears 5 fruits but one by one,...
otcay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™