Best place to find seeds in SE Michigan ????

toomanyanimals(5b/MI)January 4, 2005

I'm so sad now that Frank's Nursery is gone. It was the place I could find a few unusual seeds.

Anyone know of a place in the Detroit Metropolitan area (south or west) where I can find seeds that are just a little different?

Thanks,

tma

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Aeolian_MI(z5b MI)

I know what you mean about Frank's:(
I like the Downtown Home and Garden store in Ann Arbor. They have more vegetables than flowers.
I've never gone as I have nothing to offer but there are seed/plant exchanges that occur in Detroit maybe one of the other members can offer more info on that.

Bookmark   January 4, 2005 at 8:37PM
Janice5(zone5 Mi.)

Dexter Mill carried Renee's Garden Seeds this year. Lots of interesting flowers and veggies. Her packages often contain 3 different varieties.

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 8:06AM
chills71(Zone 6b Mi)

English Gardens sometimes has interesting things. I got a lot of unusual bulbs there this autumn (camassia, hair allium, species tulips).

I dont' know if I would get my plants there, as they tend to be a little pricey (and the staff a little full of themselves), but I definately check it out about 5-6 times a year.

~Chills

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 7:30PM
teengardener86(Zone 5b S.E. MI)

Bordine Nursery carries the most seeds I have ever seen anywhere period, and trust me, I have gone almost everywhere to look at and buy seeds since I was a kid. Unfortunately, they now keep some of their locations closed in winter. However, the Rochester Hills location is open year round. I am convinced, just like I said, that Bordine's is simply unbeatable for seeds, they have THE largest selection of seeds--many brands and varieties.

-tg86

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Osmanthus fragrans aurantiacus
Has anyone grown Osmanthus fragrans in Niagara? Can...
hikerwanda
Anyone have a Weeping Willow Tree?
It seems like these are hard to find. I am in zone...
happytomato2008
lawn moss question
I searched here and many have problems with moss in...
tewitt1949
New to Lilies
I am thinking of planting some kind of dark red lily...
owl9
So anyone growing Virginia Bluebells?
Or more properly known as Mertensia virginica? If so,...
paul_
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™