Watering OG's?

rdh1994(z5 IL)July 8, 2005

Since it has been so terribly dry where I live should I water any of my OG's? I planted them all last Fall and this is their first real year. They're all growing fine but I didn't know if there were certain kinds that should be watered if it is too dry. I have several different kind and I don't have all the different kinds handy (especially since they're all so hard to spell!) but if any stand out in your mind that definitely need water please list them.

Lora

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donn_(7b-8a)

Lora, the grasses vary widely in their water needs, but if you have 'normal' warm season growers like Miscanthus and Pennisetum, grasses that get big in the summer before blooming, you probably don't need to water them until you see obvious signs that they need it.

An exception would be those that haven't been in the ground for at least 2 years. Younger plants need more attention. Just like us!

Bookmark   July 8, 2005 at 6:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noki

since they are newer you prolly should water them some.

normally they will do okay without water... but then watering helps them grow bigger and stay nicer looking, or in other words they are low care plants that will still benefit from being pampered

Bookmark   July 9, 2005 at 2:02AM
More Discussions
Northwinds planting in Central TX
I am considering planting a dozen or so Northwinds...
jscaldwell
established Pampus grass dead
hi, about 7 years ago i planted Pampas grass, and it...
bella81762
Blue Dune Lyme Grass Seeds
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew a supplier for Blue...
ehunt123
Feather Reed Grass for East facing wall
I've been pulling what's left of my hair out over this...
srmacy
Purple Majesty Millet from seed?
I grew Purple Magesty Millet for the first time this...
treemedic
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™