'Little Kitten' Ornamental Grass Transplanting Questions

greengardener07July 31, 2007

Hi All!

I recently transplanted (about a week ago to more precise) Dwarf Miscanthus "Little Kitten" from one yard (parents house) to another (my house). It stands about three or three and a half feet tall, and about two feet wide. The foliage is a silver-green, a little more green than silver.

Over the past two days, that foliage has turned brown and more silver than green where it did not turn brown. I have generously watered over the past two days, as prior to that we had some seriously heavy downpours mixed in with our steady showers.

Is this a case of transplant shock? What are the chances of survival for it? I know it is slated for the mid to possibly upper 90's here for the next five or so days.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donn_(7b-8a)

It's likely transplant shock. You moved it a bit late, and right in the middle of it's strongest growing season. Keep it well watered when rain doesn't take care of it, and it'll probably do just fine. It may not regain it's earlier look this year, but after next spring's haircut, it'll probably come back beautifully.

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:15AM
More Discussions
type of grass?
This is such a pretty grass. Everyone asks what it...
bunky
Pink Muhly Grass Doesn't Bloom
I have 2 pink muhly grass plants. They are about 3...
AnnP603
Pennisetum Advena/Setaceum Rubrum
Hi. I recently fell in love with the above grasses...
kaydarling
Best time to cut grasses back in my zone 9
I recently moved to the San Francisco Peninsula Zone...
kmoodymz3
Plant identification
Could anyone identify what this grass name is
nancy0852
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™