I think I figured it out! - Galeux d'Eysines

cowabunga1(Zone 6)August 23, 2006

If anyone remembers, I made a post almost a year ago asking about the variety of squash/gourd that I found at the store. That post is found here.

Someone had suggested that the variety was "Galeux d'Eysines" (still not sure how that is pronounced). Anyway, I collected a few seeds from it and the plant is doing wonderfully. It now has about 5 fruits on it. The squash are flesh colored - starting out smooth, but then I'm starting to see discolored spots that are then turning into warts! The plant is getting plenty of water so I know the warts have to be in the genes of the plant. Here is what a younger fruit looks like

Here is what a slightly older fruit looks like

This has been a fun experiment for me this year. Does anyone grow these in their garden? Well, I just wanted to show off some pictures. Maybe someone can confirm that this is indeed Galeux d'Eysines.

Thanks!

~Sam

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1(10a)

yeah... well, I can't verify EXACTLY that it's Galeux d'Eysines, but it sure looks like mine! And that's the name on the package of seeds I planted.

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 10:27PM
weirdtrev

I remember that thread :) I am glad they did so well for you.

Bookmark   August 30, 2006 at 11:57PM
lelia_gardener

I planted 7 Galeux d'Eysines seeds last May & now have at least 25 huge beautiful squash on the vine. Prolific & still going strong in the Rockies mid-Sept. A wondrous delicate flavored, French of course, pumpkiny squash. I have loads of seeds.

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 1:44PM
More Discussions
Fresh -dried Ugu(Fluted Pumkin leaves,pods,and seeds available
I have ample supplies of ugu leaves and seeds for sale.Please...
cliff-brazil
How to ammend soil and seed timing
We live on a rocky hillside in Southern California....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Pie off between Baby Blue Hubbard and Winter Luxury Pie Pumpkin
We made pies from both squashes and the family decided...
springtogarden
Lloyd-ellipsoid
It's hard to grow C. moschata in hardiness Zone 6,...
acorneti
Please help ID the problem
This year my kabocha bears 5 fruits but one by one,...
otcay
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™