Are my cukes diseased?

gregrwAugust 15, 2013

Hi,

(sorry I also posted about my pumpkins - I'm having a rough time!). I just got back from a week away and I find a lot of dying leaves with spots on my cukes. (is this the right forum??). I just chopped my squash due to the borer beetle. Could I have something similar? I find it really hard to tell. perhaps it's just a deficiency.. I can't really tell.

Please help...

Thanks,

Greg.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gregrw

.... I seem to have lost my pumpkin post. Same thing applies to my pumpkins more or less, but they look better.... in fact no leaves are dying like on my cuke. I have powdery mildew that I have not resolved for 2 weeks. Perhaps this is the cause. But I see similar spots on the pumpkin that my cukes have. Thoughts? Keep in mind I had that damn borer in my squash.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 5:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

I think your cucumbers have lost the battle to PM, already. There might have been other causes to.

But you can possibly save your squash by rigorous treatment. I am having similar problem with my squash too. Yesterday I sprayed them with Neem Oil for the third time in the patst 2 weeks or so. My cukes are ok but I sprayed them also.

Daconil is another anti fungus spray. What are you using?

Keep up the fight. Definitely, being a week away has cause major damage.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 4:44AM
More Discussions
Lloyd-ellipsoid
It's hard to grow C. moschata in hardiness Zone 6,...
acorneti
Best way to weatherproof birdhouse gourd?
I made some birdhouses from gourds 2 years ago. Made...
sandlady
More phloem for more transportation of assimilates
http://environment.harvard.edu/news/faculty-news/biggest-ever-fruit-world-0 Here...
acorneti
Pumpkins turning yellow/withering
I'm trying to grow some Jarrahdale pumpkins but they...
Straylian
Is There A Black Pumpkin?
I'll say up front I'm fairly sure the answer is "No,...
Edymnion
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™