2 inches of snow, & still snowing

joyful_growerApril 15, 2007

I live on the border of Michigan and Ohio, near Toledo. We've received 2 inches of snow and it's still snowing. It's midnight! Ughh!!!! I've just received some of my plants from Brecks, yesterday, and it's a good thing I didn't run out and plant them! I have a yellow magnolia tree (butterfly I think it's called) and it blooms later than most magnolias, I thought I might see a few of them bloom.....but no longer! I've tulips up and some daffodils are up and other daffs almost ready to bloom. What will happen to them??/ Been a crazy year! What's happening in your region?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thorn_grower(Zone 5)

Well the tulips and daffodils will be fine..Mine got the same thing acouple of weeks ago.They all bent over hugging the ground..My daff's were blooming i thought they were toast.But they eventually stood up and kept on blooming, my tulips are fine as well..But all my rose bushs had started leafing out some of the leaves have freeze damage.AS well as the forsythia buds have blackened as well.Just have to wait and see, nothing has continued leafing out since the snow and freeze easter sunday.The weathers suppose to really warm up by weeks end..good luck...mark

Bookmark   April 16, 2007 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
blushing bride
Does anyone have any suggestions why my blushing brides...
hoovie
Transplanting perennials in wintertime (from IL to IN)
I need some advice. I want to transplant many of my...
Tammyellers990
Osmanthus fragrans aurantiacus
Has anyone grown Osmanthus fragrans in Niagara? Can...
hikerwanda
Any mushroom compost near Chicago?
Hi- I live in Evanston, and I have a garden in one...
nfriday
Something eating my marigolds down to the stems
I have bought the standard orange marigolds from the...
knottyceltic
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™