Too early to split purple fountain grass?
I bought and planted some purple fountain grass about 5 months ago and it has really grown since then. It was sold in a pretty small pot and now it's probably 5 feet tall. I'd like to dig it up and split it this fall if I can just so I can start getting two going instead of one. But it's not really showing signs of needing it, like no decreased vigor or anything, it just grew a bit faster than I expected. Do you think it would be harmful to go ahead and split it this fall, or should I wait until next year? I've never really dug up and split anything before.