Pumpkin peppers

leveta(6)September 4, 2008

I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone has grown pumpkin peppers? This is the first time i've grown them and they are turning red, should I cut the stalk and hang it to dry? Thanks...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
farmerdilla

I would probably wait until the majority of peppers ripen or just before the first frost. Whichever comes first. It is an ornamental pepper, that happens to have a pumpkin shape so You may get more feedback in the peppers forum.

Bookmark   September 5, 2008 at 1:46PM
tessa74(8)

I tried to germinate some seeds this spring in hopes for some but alas, they did not germinate. If you have any extra seeds i'd love to trade with you!

Bookmark   September 11, 2008 at 6:59PM
leveta(6)

I'm sorry I don't have any extra seeds. If I did I'd sure give you some...Sorry...

Bookmark   September 12, 2008 at 1:17PM
tessa74(8)

lol, not a problem! if in the future you have extra's from your harvest, pls remember me! Happy autumm!

Bookmark   September 12, 2008 at 9:33PM
leveta(6)

tessa74 I guess I miss understood. If you would like some seeds from one of my PP I'll be glad to mail you some when they dry. Give me your address and I'll see that you get some...

Bookmark   September 13, 2008 at 8:38AM
sylky00(z6 KY)

I would wait as long as possible before harvesting them.
Last year, we had an early freeze, and I had to harvest some that were just turning color. They all rotted and had to be thrown away.

Bookmark   October 15, 2008 at 8:34AM
leveta(6)

Hi sylky00, they turned red a good while before I cut some of them. But they havn't gotten hard. I have thrown several out. AND then several are still fine. My DH cut some of the plants and hung them. But they still ahavn't gotten hard. THere are still abunch left in the garden. Do they need a frost before they get hard? I was very dissaponited with them. I raise pumpkins and such and thought it would be something different for everyone. But I couldn't sell them cause I was afraid they would last for them. Did you plant anymore?

Bookmark   October 15, 2008 at 8:43AM
flyfisher123

Found these in Thailand where I have retired...Will germinate this week and will take about ten days...Will keep you posted...;-)

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
Can't decide what to plant, help!
Ok, so we are a squash loving household. As in grew...
beesneeds
Fresh -dried Ugu(Fluted Pumkin leaves,pods,and seeds available
I have ample supplies of ugu leaves and seeds for sale.Please...
cliff-brazil
New Blue Banana
Guatemala and other blue banana squash fruits are known...
acorneti
Squash varities
Hi! I've never cared much for squash, mostly due to...
HollowOakFarm
How to ammend soil and seed timing
We live on a rocky hillside in Southern California....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™