Plumerias

ricky_23September 8, 2013

Any one interested in obtaining plumeria cuttings or plants? It is getting close to time to bring mine in and will have to cut them back to fit in the house. The plants I am trying to get rid of are about 6-7 foot tall. There are 3 colors -pink, yellow, red orange ( bi colored). Free to anyone willing to come pick them up in October.
rgallman23@gmail.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
frankielynnsie(7B)

Do you plant them in pots (how big of pots) and move them in and out during the summer? Do they bloom during the summer? I am interested but wondering how much work this will be and what rewards-blooms. I bought bamboo orchids and tuberose in Hawaii in January and they are still alive but have not had any flowers :c(.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 9:50PM
ricky_23

I plant them in the ground and in pots. They need well drained soil . You do bring them in in the winter, but you can just dig them up, put the roots in a bag and let them stand in a corner of a basement or garage ( as long as the temp stays above 40 degrees) and wait til spring and replant them. The Plants are beautiful with or without flowers, but the blooms are really what you want. By the way, I live in the Marietta area of Georgia.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 8:46AM
frankielynnsie(7B)

How big do they get? They would have to live in the sun room with all the other things I bring in during the winter.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 10:08PM
attila(z7 GA)

Hello,
I would love to take home a cutting or two. (Especially the orange bi-colored one). Please tell me when I should come, and where you are located.
Thanks,
attila

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 5:21PM
ricky_23

The plants will get as large as you let them. Some up to 30', but don't expect that with these. When you bring them in during the winter, you put them to bed. In a dark basement, garage, closet, or just in the corner of a bed room to hang your socks on. The do best in a dark room though. You don't water or feed while they are sleeping. Just be sure the temp doesn't drop below 40 degrees. Also they don't need to be in pots either, just put the roots in a trash bag ( especially if you plan to put them in the ground.

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 9:33AM
anju_g29

A newbie to this ... Would love cuttings of plumeria. Let me know
If you still have them.

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 5:27PM
More Discussions
Howdy Folks!
Any of the old regulars still around? I have been...
vroomp
N. Ga. Mountain region
We've purchased a home with what appear to be 6 established...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
online peonies
Just ordered some peonies from a California nursery...
raptor1
Where to find African Violets in Atlanta
Does anyone that uses this forum know a nursery in...
frankielynnsie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™