A few years ago we had our front garden landscaped and an old large crab apple tree was cut down. The old front garden consisted of the tree and interlocking bricks. We had new soil put down and created several planting beds.
This is now the 2nd year we've had mushrooms growing in the flower beds and we can't seem to stop them. They are uproot all the impatiens we just planted.
The tree which was taken down was cut down just below the ground level, however because the city owned the tree they wouldn't stump it. Someone told me that it was the old tree that was causing the mushrooms, however we had the city plant a new Amur Maple tree and alot of the mushrooms are ringed around the base of the new tree.