new here asking for bug ID help

moonandmagnoliaSeptember 15, 2008

hello everyone. i have been battling some sort of fungus and svb worms and caterpillars all summer organically. now, new bugs have appeared. is there anyway to upload a picture of them? they are orange red with black legs. also i have noticed that some plant leaves have little black bb gun pellets on them. they are probably not beneficial but i don't wish to kill them until i know for sure. also, has anyone heard of using skim milk and water to combat powdery fungus mildew? thanks for any help! i am a semi-newbie gardener.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
farmerdilla

To up load a photo. Use a digital camera. Upload to an outfit like Photobucket (Its free) copy the html code ( third line under the photo on PhotoBucket. Paste into your response in the forum. Lots of folks report that the milk fungicide works as a preventative. I prefer baking soda myself. Have no idea what your red bugs may be. Leaf footed bug nymphs are reddish orange so could be a possibilty.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 2:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonandmagnolia

thanks farmerdilla! you were so right, they are squash bug nymphs. i may have to hand pick them off, but then may try to get my young chickens to eat them, save me some time. organic gardening is a challenge! what baking soda mix do you use for powdery mildew? i may try that next. thanks again!

Bookmark   September 18, 2008 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Pie off between Baby Blue Hubbard and Winter Luxury Pie Pumpkin
We made pies from both squashes and the family decided...
springtogarden
New Blue Banana
Guatemala and other blue banana squash fruits are known...
acorneti
Is There A Black Pumpkin?
I'll say up front I'm fairly sure the answer is "No,...
Edymnion
Squash varities
Hi! I've never cared much for squash, mostly due to...
HollowOakFarm
Best way to weatherproof birdhouse gourd?
I made some birdhouses from gourds 2 years ago. Made...
sandlady
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™