Upcoming Gourd Show

GardenKiwi(Z5 Michigan)October 9, 2006

The Indiana Gourd Society is having a Gourd Show down in Goshen Indiana on 11th November - it runs from 9-5. I went last year and was really surprised at all the different things that people do with gourds - it was amazing - and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. You can check out details and directions at the Indiana Gourd Society site online ... www.indianagourdsociety.org

Rita in Michigan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gourd_friends(z5/6 IL)

Rita,
I hope you can go to this gourd show. You'll have to report back to the rest of us on all the neat things you see.
We'd love to go, but dh just had hip replacement surgery two weeks ago and there's no way we can make it.

Jan

Bookmark   November 9, 2006 at 11:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GardenKiwi(Z5 Michigan)

We managed to get down to Goshen for an hour and a bit on the 11th November. Our daughter from Manhattan NY was here and went along and was quite surprised at what she was seeing. On the way back, as we passed buggies, horses, fields etc she quietly said "we sure aren't in Manhattan any more"! I looked around expecting to see her in pigtails and holding her little dog Toto! Talk about culture shock - she was back in Manhattan 12 hours later. Met up with a couple of others from Michigan who were at their first gourd show. Hopefully they will be able to get to Kokomo - they will be blown away for sure!

It was really good to see Jim and Betty Dabbs there with their nice gourds to buy - they do grow beauties - they both look well and Betty is as bubbly as ever!

Hope Jan that you are healing quickly and getting around well. Let us know how you are doing!
Cheers - Rita in Michigan

Bookmark   November 16, 2006 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
Is There A Black Pumpkin?
I'll say up front I'm fairly sure the answer is "No,...
Edymnion
This year's winter squash winners and losers
This year I tried the following C Maxima squashes....
tcstoehr
? for birdhouse gourd expert growers
Just for giggles I bought a $2 pack of birdhouse gourd...
donnywayne1
Will this ever result in an actual pumpkin?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
New England Orange Hubbard Pumpkin
When a New England Blue Hubbard Squash is pollinated...
acorneti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™