web site and Hello part 1

robmaryNovember 12, 2006

I see my first message got lost. I have not visited the site for many months altough I use to write fairly often. Some may remember that I often signed with my "Mountainman" name of "Bloody Ear". We have a new email address now as well as our web page so I re-registered as a new member..We live in the South West Corner of Colorado near the entrance to Mesa Verde National Park, at 7000 ft elevation. A short growing season makes growing gourds a challange. Our work features primarily, petroglyphs and pictographs from the early people in our area as well as old Pueblo pottery designs. We are members of the American Gourd Society and grow most of our own gourds. We enjoy exchanging ideas and information and hope you can be of help to us and us to you. Again we invite you to visit our web site at www.gourdsofthesouthwest.com

Rob and Mary

Art of the South West

Mancos, Colorado

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Willie(z7TX)

Rob & Mary,

I was able to find your website, but it appears that you have listed your e-mail instead of your website address. The search engine did show an Arts of the Southwest which brought up your site.

Really admired your use of the petroglyph images on your artwork. I have wondered why some gourd artist does not use some of the black on white and red on black geometric images found on the old Anaszi pottery. Also the images found on the Mimbres pottery from 1,,000 years ago in SW New Mexico. Course I realize that the Mimbres images went in the inside of bowls, but should still look great worked onto the outside of gourds.

Thanks for the chance to visit your website.

Willie

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 8:12PM
gourd_friends(z5/6 IL)

Welcome back to the forums. Its always good to see what someone else is working on. (now I just need to figure out how to post pictures of my work)

Jan

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 11:05PM
Willie(z7TX)

Jan, try putting your pictures into Photobucket and I think you will be able to post them into Garden Web.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 12:05AM
More Discussions
Argentine Primitive
Who sells or swaps seed of Cucurbita maxima 'Argentine...
acorneti
This year's winter squash winners and losers
This year I tried the following C Maxima squashes....
tcstoehr
? for birdhouse gourd expert growers
Just for giggles I bought a $2 pack of birdhouse gourd...
donnywayne1
Will this ever result in an actual pumpkin?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
Please help ID the problem
This year my kabocha bears 5 fruits but one by one,...
otcay
Sponsored Products
Kenroy Home Wall Mounted Burst 1-Light 12 in. Large Round Black Wall Sconce
Home Depot
Remer by Nameeks L46US Tub Filler - REMER L46US
$211.00 | Hayneedle
Belby Indoor Area Rug - 1'10" x 3'3"
Grandin Road
Oil-Rubbed Bronze Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Sutton Place Three Light Trestle
$522.00 | Bellacor