Two trees down in my yard.... need advice

bmmalone(7)October 27, 2008

With all the windy weather this past week or so, the neighbor behind my house had half of a poplar tree break off and land in my yard last week. The morning, the neighbor to my right has a dead 90' tree fall into my yard, taking most of a couple of large oak trees I had with it. That part of my yard, which was mostly shade, has now become full sun! I am just glad that no one was hurt and apart from a couple of fences no serious damage was done and no one was hurt. My question is, the plants that were in the shade bed will not survive in full sun. Do I need to move what's left of them now, or can I wait till spring?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nwgatreasures(7)

What is planted there now that you are considering having to move?

Dora

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 12:03PM
esh_ga

If these are plants that go dormant like hostas, ferns and such, I'd wait until spring.

I'm sorry to hear about that, especially since some live trees were affected! But I hope you will enjoy the new sunnier areas come spring.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 1:56PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I'd wait until spring. Sounds like it was under decidous trees anyway, so you should be OK.
I never moved my shade plants and never watered them...many have survived this summer without any leaf covering! I think you'll be OK.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
winter veggies in straw bale garden?
I have used the straw bale gardening method in spots...
katy_bug
Dracaena Massangeana - leaves are turning yellow and then brown!!
Hello, I bought a Dracaena Massangeana plant about...
daniel159
Is anyone using rock dust in the garden?
I learned about rock dust a few days ago and I want...
kngskid
Howdy Folks!
Any of the old regulars still around? I have been...
vroomp
free partially bags of fertilizer, lime, etc.
Can't move these. I have partial bags of fertilizer,...
Tricia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™