OG newbie: leave in pots or plant now?
I got some bargains (a buck per quart pot), and now I need to know what to do. I've read other similar threads, but wasn't sure if my case is the same.
I have a couple Nasella ponytails, lots of pennisetum alopecuroides 'hameln', and a few cortadeia.
I'm in the NC Piedmont region. The weather here now is supposed to be 60/35 but we've had some cold spells more like 50/25.
Should I plant these now? If so, how much/how often to water?
Alternately, can I leave these in their pots and plant in a few months (i.e., March)? If I do this, do I need to take special precautions--or can I just leave them in my (cold) sunporch and treat as pseudo-houseplants (colder than the house, a bit warmer than outside, but not much)?
I'd love to be lazy and wait until spring, but if they have to go in the ground, I'll do that.