Seven sons tree

yonge(5b)August 18, 2012

Does anybody know which garden centre sells seven sons trees, HEPTACODIUM MICONIOIDES, in GTA ? Thx.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smivies

Humber Nurseries - Hwy 50 & Hwy 7

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:32AM
yonge(5b)

Thx a lot, smivies. I searched Humber's tree catalog and didn't find. And then I found it in the shrub list. Will pay a visit soon.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 10:58AM
green_go

I bought 2 of them last year from Humber. Very neat, they are about to bloom now

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 9:39PM
green_go

Lakeside Garden in Brampton has even better selection of Seven Sons Trees then Humber does, but they are bigger and pricier than in Humber Nurseries. They sell them for $59.99 (about 1.5+ meters tall) and one specimen near the entrance on display is magnificent for $89.99 (more than 2 meters tall). The entire nursery is now between 20% and 50% off their entire stock... you may call them for the exact price/discount
http://gardengallery.ca/lakeside/

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 4:13PM
yonge(5b)

Thx a lot for the info. It seems the plant at Lakeside garden is in tree shape, which I am looking for. The one at Humber is a shrub. I heard it is hard to prune it into a tree because it is very suckering. I will go and check.

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 4:28PM
ben773(5a)

I have 3 6-year old trees in Beach Park, IL Zone 5a.
They have not suckered yet, but they are about 12 feet tall(planted them when they were about 8 ins tall). They are fast growers, and they do flower for me. Some years, I find a little die back at the tips. When they are younger, the branches grow at wierd angles and I have to prune them yearly to shape them to look like a tree. Now that the growing pain is over, they looke more tree like and easier to manage.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 1:47PM
More Discussions
Question about cow manure
I'm wondering what is best about putting actual cow...
tewitt1949
lawn moss question
I searched here and many have problems with moss in...
tewitt1949
Children's Educational Kickstarter Fundraiser
Hello Everyone- My mother is fundraising for a children's...
Desirae
Morning Glory Light Requirements
Hello! I live in Chesterland, Ohio which is in Geauga...
mum_mum
blushing bride
Does anyone have any suggestions why my blushing brides...
hoovie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™