Ferry-Morse seeds?

JimR36(5b CO)January 17, 2012

I'm curious of the opinions of Ferry-Morse seeds. I've only had experience so far with seeds from Botanical Interests and Burpee.

It's probably not good to go with a national home improvement store over a gardering/nursery store, but I noticed that Lowe's now features Ferry-Morse seeds instead of Burpee. The since "1856"(?) made them look somewhat impressive; i.e. that they've been around awhile and maybe could be reliable.

I was about to plant some of their seeds, but came upon some negative reviews (and neutral ones as well), that made the seeds look less-than-desirable. Maybe they've made changes for the worse lately, and the quality has gone downhill?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
natal(Louisiana 8b)

I buy some Ferry-Morse seeds at a local independent nursery and have never had a problem with them. As long as the seeds aren't exposed to extreme temps they should be fine. I won't buy any seeds from one nursery here that keeps them in an outdoor environment where it's very humid.

Bookmark   January 19, 2012 at 10:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigoledude(SE Louisiana)

Every year, it seems I find something on a Ferry Morse rack that I have room for. They've done well.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Starting SFG In Houston - Planting Suggestions
I know it's a little late in the season, but I have...
MikeMcM1956
Aeroponics
HI All, I am progressing into the 21st century a bit...
pete_the_stick
Newly seeded lawn troubles :(
Hello! I need some advice. First a little background...
lellenh29
amaryllis planted in the ground
I have a number of amaryllis planted in the ground...
mspatrick
Have any of you tried straw bale gardening yet?
Hi all. Yesterday, I think it was, a Kindle Daily Deal...
magnoliasouth
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™