Wanted: Alpine strawberry and Willow

rachita(z4 mi)September 15, 2005

I am looking for some alpine strawberry and Willow plants in Michigan. I have hostas and other plants to swap.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chills71(Zone 6b Mi)

I ordered seed for alpine strawberry from Pinetree seeds. I prefer the yellow wonder, but only about 2/3rds of the seeds came up with yellow/white fruit. They were easy to start from seed this past spring.

It was 1.25 for a package of 40 seeds. I have to warn you that pinetree's catalog is full of things you will have problems not ordering.

~Chills

Bookmark   September 24, 2005 at 10:01AM
compost_hugger_nancy(z4/5 NES MI)

If you let me know real quick (email me) I will try to save you some willows growing in my yard by the road. I will be clearing that area and transplanting what I want to move. If I don't I may end up seeing the county/utilities brush hog it with the other scrub along the road.

The ground may freeze here soon and I am not physically able to dig the clay soil. That plus with two impending surgeries I won't be able to do it after the 3rd.

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 9:32AM
rachita(z4 mi)

Thankyou Nancy. I sure could use the plants. Also, if you live not too far, I could help with the digging. I live in canton. I do not mind driving a couple hours. Hope you feel better.

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Something eating my marigolds down to the stems
I have bought the standard orange marigolds from the...
knottyceltic
Flowering ash, Fraxinus ornus.
Hey all, I was reading Dirr's encyclopedia of trees...
DanMSU13
quality nurseries in ne ind/nw ill
especially along the US 30 corridor between Merrillville...
mrgpag
Michigan in Spring!
At the time of writing this we are under a cover of...
GardenKiwi
Transplanting perennials in wintertime (from IL to IN)
I need some advice. I want to transplant many of my...
Tammyellers990
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™