crinum

mamccflJuly 13, 2007

Can anyone tell me if crinum grow well in sw Florida? I live on the coast in Sarasota and am new here. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

There are lots of crinums and I'm sure some of them would do well for you--but I can't tell you which ones. I grow some in south Louisiana, but I don't even know the names of most of them, which is unusual for me and very unhelpful for you! There's a pretty good listing on the Yucca Do nursery site, and I find they're very good at giving information about where things will grow. (Also sell good plants!)

Bookmark   July 14, 2007 at 12:37AM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

I got my giant red leaf crinum when I was in West Palm Beach Florida and had it shipped to Texas. It loves it here, but I fell in love wit it when I saw it there. I also got my peach angel trumphet when I was there, I have taken of photo of each to show you.

Bookmark   July 15, 2007 at 10:52PM
bodiggly

mamccfl,

There is a Florida forum where you will get a lot of info for growing in Fl.

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 8:42PM
beachplant(9b)

They will do fabulous for you. Your climate is really similar to ours & perfect for crinums. They are trouble free and will grow almost anywhere, swamps, the driest & hottest part of your yard, on the beach.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   September 21, 2007 at 3:34PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Would the person in Florida, that I am suppost to mail the crinum and peach angel trumphet to please email me, I cannot find your address. Both are rooted. Barbra,

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 12:19PM
danbo(8b MS Coast)

Mississippi coast here. I've got about 6 varities of crinums. (Would love to find one of those spider crinums with lavender fringe on the pedals I saw in Yucatan)

Be aware. The bulbs you buy "may" be too immature to bloom for a while. But if your patient... Flowering sized bulbs can be expensive. Especially of the harder to find varities.

Bookmark   March 9, 2008 at 6:59PM
More Discussions
Pear Tree Polination (Acres Homes and Tennhousi)
I bought some pear trees (Acres Homes and Tennhousi)...
valis101
Texas Star Seedlings
Hi All, This is my first post and hope it is the first...
pete_the_stick
Do pomegranates do well on Florida's central gulf coast?
Does anyone have an idea of how well pom's would grow...
rovertnamrod
Moving Seedlings Outside in Daylight
Hi, No room left under grow lights. Could I take a...
JScott.H
Zone 8 Hydrangea
Hi all, I was wondering what people recommended for...
mlafentres
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™