WANTED: Looking for heirloom veggie seeds

amar(z5 IA)March 27, 2007

Hi,

I have been with this forum for a while and I traded for many great varieties. I have been growing heirlooms for several years. I don't have much to trade for at the moment. I am involved with the student organic farm at Iowa State University. It is a student club and we grow many veggies and sell some to the local CSA.

We would like to try as many heirloom varieties as possible this year. We can try the varieties and decide whether we can grow them without too many problems. Also we should market the best flavored produce rather than a lot of bland hybrids. Seed saving is great for a club with limited funds. I can't wait for the taste trials.

This is a great opportunity for all the different people who come to the farm and they can see the practical side of seed saving. Some of the people will learn how to grow crops which they have no experience with.

We bought some seed but we would like more. If anyone has any extra seeds and you are willing to do a SASBE please let me know.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennid

I have mountaineer half runners, been using for the last 4 generations. To me the very best green bean in the world. I would love to share some with you. Everyone should try at least once.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 2:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greentongue

Join Seed Savers Exchange. It will cost you as much as taking two people to a franchise steak house for dinner... but you will get back such a wealth of opportunities and potential contacts that your head will spin.

Hopefully you will also want to participate by learning to save seeds of your own and offer them back to other members. Google for site... and follow the leads!

Jan
Arkansas Seed Saver

Bookmark   August 12, 2007 at 5:00PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Heirloom Vegetable Seeds for trade
*=bought in January 2014 °=certified organic BEAN,...
like_a_flower
Heirloom collard seed
Anyone have any seed for heirloom ,landrace,family...
john501
HAVE: Heirloom veggies
I have to trade Cherokee Trail of Tears pole beans,...
stargazer943
WANTED: Permelon ??? sp?
My grandmother grew 'permelon'. I am not sure of the...
esofva
HAVE: have excess bakers creek seeds/plants
I kinda went whole hog on the seed catalog from bakers...
Catsmylove
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™