HELP!! Need a host plant for Giant Swallowtail Caterpillars!!!
If anyone in the Baton Rouge area (or near Baton Rouge) has any Giant Swallowtail caterpillar host plants and would be willing to spare some leaves, (new tender growth is what they are supposed to eat), PLEASE LET ME KNOW, you can contact me via email, or reply to this post. The female GSTs keep laying eggs and there is not going to be enough foliage to feed all of these caterpillars so I need to find some host plants to get leaves from pretty quick, thanks!!Here is a list of Giant Swallowtail larval host plants...
- Citrus family, Rutaceae
1. Ptelea trifoliata - hop tree, wafer ash
2. Zanthoxylum clava-herculis - hercules club
3. Zanthoxylum fagara - wild lime
4. Zanthoxylum americanum - prickly ash
5. Citrus spp. - various species, including cultivated
6. Murraya paniculata - orange jasmine
7. Ruta graveolens - rue