Will Home Run and Carefree Sunshine bloom all Summer?

ashliDecember 29, 2006

Has anyone grown these two shrubs together?

I'm thinking about one red, one yellow, and so on, in a row...near the driveway.

Would Knockout Roses look better with Carefree Sunshine?Can you suggests any in that color scheme that will bloom all through the Summer? (Thanks)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I don't know about Home Run, but Carefree Sunshine blooms mostly all summer, except in the most intense heat. It looks best with the pink knockout. I find it is too clashing for most people with the "regular" knock out. It depends on your taste!

GGG

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 3:08PM
dredawg5000(7)

Home run bloomed for me all spring, summer, and fall until the first HARD FREEZE! Home run is really a home run....you cant go wrong with it. BTW i live in Mableton, Cobb County

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 11:22AM
vicki7(z7 N.Ga.)

Do these have problems with black-spot? That is the reason I usually shy away from roses. But if I ever find one that is very resistant, I'll try them again!

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 5:16PM
dredawg5000(7)

NO problem with blackspot on homerun or knockout roses.

Bookmark   January 4, 2007 at 8:57PM
clanross(7b Virginia)

My carefree sunshine was gorgeous in the spring, but has not bloomed much since it got hot. The foliage is thick and very healthy, but only when we have a touch of cooler weather do I get decent blooms. I love my plant even though I don't get many blooms in the summer. It is huge--over 6'--and needs a trim. Mine had a lovely, though not terrible strong, fragrance in the spring and was covered with blooms. Just walking by you could smell it. It's a keeper for me, but not much bloom in the summer. My blush and regular knockout bloomed much more continuously.

Bookmark   August 26, 2008 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Landscape plant suggestions please Eatonton/Milledgeville, GA
Greetings All, My husband and I have purchased a property...
motherofdog
Lake hartwell
Does anyone live on or near the lake? My husband saw...
josephene_gw
Gardening in Atlanta.
Anyone else have the itch to start early this year....
planterjeff
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™