WANTED: Comfrey leaves

ericaladyFebruary 12, 2007

Hiya, we're sporadic gardeners with a pressing problem: my boyfriend was hit by a car last May, and his leg bones still aren't healing together.

We finally got the OK from the doctor to try comfrey poultices, but of course we can't get comfrey leaves locally right now! We've gotten some dried, but need a lot more if we're going to do this routinely. And since he's been out of work for 9 months, and insurance is played out, we're not able to afford health-food store prices.

We would really appreciate any offers of dried comfrey, and are willing to trade:

We have some dried myrtle sprigs, with flower buds on, great for seasoning stews & reputed to be good against fleas.

We also have some other local NW-adapted seeds herbs -- some marvelous variations on scarlet runner beans developed by Ianto Evans, and

cuttings / rooted sections of a large fuzzy-leafed mint from Wenham, Massachusetts that's been in my family for 4 generations. (great for iced tea.)

We will be growing a variety of herbs & plants in our new home, and happy to share those that thrive as the season develops.

Recommendations for other herbal tricks would be welcome, too. But mostly, we need bushels of prickly, smelly comfrey.

Thanks,

Erica

Portland, Oregon

Here is a link that might be useful: Friends of Ernie Wisner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjtd(oh z5)

greetings do not have comfrey leaves but soon should have root to trade it can be invasive from re seeding and the root what do you have for trade?? GOD BLESS snow just thawed should be up soon

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 2:47AM
More Discussions
wanted: ty +m fennel
Hello looking for T= M fennel/ Anybody got a pack with...
susan b
HAVE: Curry leaf
I have few curry leaf plants off different sizes.
bunti
HAVE: curry leaf seeds
I have fresh seeds. Looking for "exotic herbs"...
coing
WANTED: Chocolate Mint and all other kinds
I have no mints to trade yet, but I do have Day lily's...
carlisleshelley
WANTED: looking for costmary (tanactum balsamita)
I am looking to trade for a Costmary plant or I am...
renn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™