Wild Sweetie tomato seeds

GardenOfGengoFebruary 9, 2013

Hello
I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to where I may be able to find and purchase some tomato seeds for the heirloom variety called Wild Sweetie??
I've read about this tomato in Amy Goldman's book The Heirloom Tomato and I really want to try out this tomato! I can't find it anywhere but perhaps I'm not looking in the right places.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Gretchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eahamel(9a)

I've never seen one with this name before, not even in the Seed Savers Exchange handbook, which lists thousands of varieties of heirloom tomatoes, saved and offered by members.

There are several wild tomatoes that aren't too hard to find, including Matt's Wild and Texas Wild. These are tiny tomatoes, like currant tomatoes,and are very sweet and productive. You can find one of these without too much difficulty, Totally Tomatoes may have one of them.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 12:36PM
mrtomatohead2(5)

I only found one company that carries them. They are called Diggers and are located in Australia. When I tried to order them, they emailed me back and said that they cannot ship to the US, I am hoping that some heirloom tomato aficionado would be willing to share some with me

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 5:01PM
zzackey(8b GA)

Maybe a catalog called Totally Tomatoes might have them?

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 1:34AM
GardenOfGengo

I was able to find some! Super ecstatic when I did :)
I found them on the website Restoration Seeds. I attached a link for you, mrtomatohead2. My garden is quite deprived, as I had a baby in May and haven't been giving it love as I normally would. These plants are still growing itty delicious tomatoes for me though! I have an unopened packet and plan to use them next year, hopefully they're still good then!

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration seeds

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Heirloom petunias
Years ago - during the 1950's - my mother grew petunias....
Chance1945
black Siam tomato
I am growing a Black Siam Tomato this year and as with...
barbara97801
heirloom tomato info
Has anyone heard of a tomato called "Mt. Pleasant'?...
katek
Squash identification
Anyone able to ID this squash? Got it from a friend...
gertyrae
stupice vs rutgers
I live near Chicago. For our 2015 garden I have devoted...
braidwood13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™