HAVE: Valerian Seedlings

Herbite(z4 WI)April 15, 2006

Just make an offer- it need not be something on my want list. At the moment I have over 40 potted up valerian seedlings to trade off, since I recklessly allowed my plants to reseed last year. Woops!

I know my mother is looking for some more alliums and Jacob's Ladder at the moment, so offers of those are most welcome.

For those unfamiliar with valerian- it is a very tall plant (mine reach 6-7 ft in partial shade). The roots, which smell like dirty gym socks, can be used medicinally. The flowers, however, will fill the entire yard with their wonderful vanilla/musk scent. The plants I'm trading will not reach their full height or flower this year, but next year look out!

A picture can be found here:

http://www.uri.edu/pharmacy/garden/images/pic13_3.jpg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seagle52

I would be interested in trading with you but I have neither of the plants you are looking for. You can look at my list and see if there are any plants that would interest you.

Bookmark   April 21, 2006 at 1:43PM
bizzarbazzar(3/4)

I would love some Valerian seedlings. Since I am new to GW My plant list is small but I have tons of DVD's that are new I would like to trade. Including Double Cross, One way out, Honeymoon in Bali, Dishonored Lady, Carnival Story, The Ape, Bruce Le in the Super Gang, Tangled, Rage of the Masters, Duel of the Iron Fist, Monsoon, Kansas City Confidential, Miracle of Faith (the evolution of Christian Heritage), A Farewell to Arms, Rivals of the Dragon, Roy Rogers in the Arizona Kid, Heroes of the West (120 minutes of Western TV) including Roy Rogers and Annie Oakley and Wild Bill, Kiss me, Kill me, The Great Dan Patch (about a horse?) He Walked by Night) Boot Hill;, The Lady and the Highwayman, The image of Bruce Lee and many many many more....

Bookmark   May 3, 2006 at 4:27PM
bizzarbazzar(3/4)

if you are interested my email is heather.cook@bresnan.net

Bookmark   May 3, 2006 at 4:30PM
seagle52

I would like to trade for several of the plants. You can look at my least at http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/seagle52

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 11:27AM
kelleyville

I would really love some of your valerian it is something I have never grown before! I don't see anything on your want list that I have but do please take a look and see if there is something you would like to trade!
Thanks!
Kelley

Bookmark   March 22, 2007 at 4:20PM
maryann2007

I would really like to get some of your valerian seedlings. Please check my trade list and let me know
Maryann2007
Byrdnmber2@yahoo.com

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 11:26PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Bronze Fennel/Garlic chives
Have tons of garlic chives and bronze fennel seeds...
heavenlyfarm
WANTED: Want Comfrey! Will Trade Other Plants!
My comfrey didn't make it through our very harsh winter...
sheilaschnauzies
have: mrs burns lemon basil for trade or sasbe
This year I let my mrs burns lemon basil seed itself...
reyna1
WANTED: Peganum harmala Syrian Rue for Quick Trade
Weeded around Rue and have three healthy starts about...
mamabear
WANTED: chinese celery and winged bean for trade
Hi. This may sound a bit strange but I am looking for...
hilee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™