Red Eyed Fantsasy should be through unless it puts up more rebloom scapes:

Deliverer will always have a place in my garden:

Forsyth Garrett Mason: Have to love it:

Blueridege Belle Cherie has had a great year:

Purple Honey Creeper is a winner too:

I Remember You has done well, thanks, Debra:

Fire in the Hole:

Taken at 5:00 PM in 93 degree heat:

This is in the start of its annual bloomfest: El Desperado with Eye Yi YI behind:

Golly Galore:

Still in pot, first blooms on Laura Harwood:

Should have shown more pics of Wild One. Such a stunner!

And what I consider great news, I still have some leaf streak, but the polar vortex winter we had seems to have eliminated rust in my garden. Not a speck so far.

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mantis__oh

I would hope that rust would be eliminated after last winter, but I've never had worse leaf streak.

The purples are nice, but your hot colors really take center stage. I especially like Fire in the Hole and then that explosion by El Desperado.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 5:15PM
organic_kitten(8)

My leaf streak is about average for not spraying, which is pretty bad. Thanks, Mantis. Fire in the Hole is pretty close to the tallest one I have and the sun and heat do not faze it in the least. That was the first day I captured a shot of El Desperado this year, but it continues to erupt blooms. I've noticed a couple more rebloom scapes, but overall I should soon be down to mainly lates.

kay

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 6:59PM
growgirl(z5MI)

Wonderful. I have Deliverer on my want list. Looking forward to having it in my garden someday. Wild One has a great color combo. I need to check this one out!

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 7:09PM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

Your pictures are fantastic. My picks for favorite are Deliverer and Forsyth Garrett Mason. I really hope my Wild One looks as nice as yours some day, I've had mine for two years and it's so-so.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 7:27PM
shive(6b TN)

Deliverer really looks great in your garden. And I have always admired your photos of Fire In the Hold. The Desperado clump is a sight to behold. I gave away a few divisions of mine last year, so mine is not quite that awesome this year.

Debra

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 7:44PM
maximus7116(MI)

When I see your pics of Deliverer, I think I must have it. Others' photos of it aren't as impressive. I love the intense coloring of yours with that chalky watermark.

Purple Honey Creeper always appeals to me, but I don't appear to be having great luck with Lambertsons. I'm never sure that color I'll get.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 7:47PM
Julia NY(6)

Red Eye Fantasy wins me over and Deliverer is just stunning.
Wonderful pics Kay.

I guess there is always some good in a hard winter :-).

Julia

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 9:45PM
organic_kitten(8)

Debra, Chris, and Julie. Deliverer is in one of the better sites in my garden. I have loved it from the first bloom. It seems to me the longer I had the plant, the more intense the color. It is not a factor of heat unless it wants a lot (it was already 90s this morning) so I can't explain it.

Debra, that was the first photo of El Desperado. I've had two or three since and it is still showing off.

Purple Honey Creeper is another pet, Chris. I drooled over it for a couple years before I bought it, and it has been what I hoped for ever since. You do have to take weather in account though.

Julia, someone on the forum, and I don't remember who, posted photos of Red Eyed Fantasy. I was so taken with it that I ordered it from Marietta. It wasn't a very expensive one, but it gives a lot of bang for your buck.

Thanks yall for looking and commenting.
kay

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:18PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Well,I went back looking for FIRE IN THE HOLE, BUT, GUESS I continue to miss it as I don't see it. but,I love that explosion with EL DESPERADO that is a gorgeous photo. and I love, love, Forsyth Garrett Mason. that's a beauty.
Purple Honey Creeper is a beauty as well as I remember you, and I always love WILD ONE it don't bloom long enough to suit me. gorgeous photos kay.

jean

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 1:06AM
Maryl zone 7a

I so like reports about how a daylily ages by PM. Fire in the Hole looks great and gets extra points for staying power. Wild One always appeals to me. Laura Harwood: I've tried to buy this twice and been talked out of it by 2 different nurseries. One for being a Thrips magnet and the other for being a whimp in the afternoon heat. It sure does look pretty in your picture though.........Maryl

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 3:59PM
deangreen(7b OK)

Laura Heywood looks great. that snake one looks like it's just hissing away. real lik that active contraat

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 10:17PM
organic_kitten(8)

Jean, Fire In the Hold is the bright golden yellow with the red eye. a tall plant, so I have to get on my tip toes to get a shot of it. Maryl, I will have to wait to see how Laura Harwood does, since it a pot not the ground yet, went in and out of the greenhouse according to the polar vortex, but so far so good...no thrip trouble yet. Thanks Deangreen. I like the color and the name on Mean as a snake, and it does have that interesting shape.
kay

Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 11:05AM
More Discussions
What are you most looking forward to this spring?
I know just having winter and all the aggravation it...
organic_kitten
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™