Anyone buy Hellebore seeds online?

Julia_C(6 NE PA)May 7, 2012

Can anyone recommend an online seller of hellebore seeds? I've been trying to get my hands on them, but cannot find plants or seeds locally and have had no luck on the seed exchange forum.

I've seen several websites online, but they all seem to be smaller sellers that I have never heard of before, so wondering if any of you have purchased from Winterwoods, Swallowtail Garden, or Plant Delights Nursery to name a few?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thurston(midTN)

I've bought seed several years from this site in England (shipping costs aren't very much). Had great results and lots of seedlings.

http://stores.ebay.com/choiceplants

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 9:51AM
cashclan(7)

I bought seedlings from this gal on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Hellebore-Lenten-Rose-seedlings-mix-Shade-Perennial-/180856258969?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item2a1bdf8199#ht_1395wt_1139

they are small but VERY strong little seedlings. I'm very happy with them

Sharon Cash
zone 7

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 7:30PM
claysoil(z6 PA)

Oh my goodness, the best seed purchase I ever made was from Pine Knot Farms in South Carolina. can't swear they are still doing this, but I had great success with PKF mixed open pollinated seeds. They were 50 seeds for 5 dollars, you cannot beat that! I got an incredible variety; solids, spotted, veined, doubles, anemones, almost black, whites, even 2 bright yellows. The ones I don't like so much and intend to cull....I have friends standing in line asking for them! The catch is that you need a lot of space to grow on 50 of the plants to see what they will look like. they also sell strictly southern Belle seeds, 5 for 5$. You don't need to spend that; get the 50 for 5 bucks! But hurry, their seed season is ending.

If you want to choose the type of flowers you get, then use Elizabeth Town in Tazmania. I have gotten seed from them 3 times and the plants are vigorous and 80% true. BUT, you have to wait until January to order from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pine Knot

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 7:22PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

I have never purchased Hellebore seeds from them but Plant Delights Nursery is a very well respected mail order nursery.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
need a few hellebore seed
happy to pay postage for non white or non lavender...
nixon
Grocery store buy
I just bought a 'Jacob' hellebore in a pot at the grocery...
smdmt
White Double
This double Hellebore starts in my garden early, in...
romanpot
Too late to plant?
I ordered Ice Follies Hellebores in August, the delivery...
Columbine2012
Helleborus for sun
I have a flower bed that I want to re-do. I'd like...
jeanerz13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™