Question about Thai Pink Tomatoes

carroteggs(9)April 12, 2009

Hello,

I am looking for the Thai Pink Tomato seeds. I did find them on Tomatofest.com ($15 minimum) order and on Rareseeds.com

Since they are hard to find, I thought they might be difficult to grow and not as tasty as they claim to be. I've only ever grown two types of tomatoes: Sweet 100s from seed and a regular size tomato plant from Home Depot. Has anyone ever grown these before? Do you have any tips? Are they more susceptible to bugs and disease than normal plants since they are heirloom? If it helps, I live in Central Florida on the east coast.

If you have a few seeds to spare, please go to my post on the seeds exchange board: Here

Thank you in advance for the advice! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carroteggs(9)

Oops, Just realized I should probably post in the Tomato forum. I am going to do that now.

But if anyone knows of another place to get those Thai Pink Tomatoes, let me know! I did a search on Google and did not get many hits on places to buy them in the U.S. I got more UK hits than US hits.

Bookmark   April 12, 2009 at 9:26PM
farmerdilla

If you mean the Thai Pink Egg, Baker Creek has them. Prolific bearer, but not to my taste.

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 12:24PM
shane11

I grew these a couple years back and they were very productive, plants stayed fairly small and were very disease resistant. And although the tomatoes were among the most attractive I have ever seen the flavor was rather blah being quite tart with no sweetness. They are fine for use in a salad or somewhere where other flavors dominate. I would grow them again purely as an ornamental. The fruits change to white before turning pale pink and finally rose pink and the plants are very attractive when loaded with a mix of these colors. Very unique.

Bookmark   November 21, 2013 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
black Siam tomato
I am growing a Black Siam Tomato this year and as with...
barbara97801
Purple Carrots
I've been looking for some seeds of purple/black carrots...
julie321
Homestead tomatoes
I don't know if they just don't like me or what, but...
corrigan
want to identify a kind of green onion.
Hello all, to start, a gardener I am not. My thumb...
Rick07
What tomato is this
I planted these tomatoes from seed off one my wife...
unclebobl
Sponsored Products
Lily Amber Fusion Jack Satin Nickel Mini Pendant
$215.28 | Bellacor
Column Nickel-Plated Copper Pedestal Sink
Signature Hardware
Americh Bel Air 7242 Tub (72" x 42" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
Possini Euro Wrapped Wire 47 3/4" Wide Bathroom Light
Euro Style Lighting
36" Limoges Series Copper Wall-Mount Range Hood
Signature Hardware
NM Chocolate-Coated Corn Twists & Potato Crisps
$55.00 | Horchow
Vetraio Chandelier by Uttermost
$327.80 | Lumens
Americh Bel Air 6042-17 Tub ADA (60" x 42" x 18")
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™