Looking for Allspice seeds

John Pool(z7 GA)January 6, 2009

Among the seeds I want to get started this spring, I'm trying to purchase some Allspice (pimenta dioica) seeds and my usual mail-order sources are out of these or don't stock them. Can anybody direct me to a website where I order these seeds online? Thanks -- JPool

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbncowgirl

Allspice berries come from a Caribbean tree, not something you're likely to grow in your herb garden. If you want to purchase a young sapling, I would suggest looking for sources in Florida.

Bookmark   January 10, 2009 at 3:11PM
purrfectpeach

If Wikipedia can be trusted, germinating allspice seeds will be difficult unless you happen to have a pet bird, and rather unhygienic then.

Perhaps you could find some seedlings for sale?

Here is a link that might be useful: Wikipedia: Allspice

Bookmark   April 25, 2009 at 7:52AM
mommystuff(z9/10 Cent FL)

Jpool1,

Both my allspice and cinnamon trees are blooming this year for the first time. I've had both for over 7 years and they have never flowered before. If they produce seeds, you are welcome to some.

Mommystuff

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 7:08PM
phpete(6b)

Mommystuff,

While I've never posted in this particular forum before, I'm a fairly regular poster on the hot pepper forums and have been keeping my eye out for Pimenta dioica seeds here for some time now.

If your trees produce enough seeds, you wouldn't mind, and would accept any number of pepper seeds (~25 varieties to choose from) in return, I would appreciate your letting me know if I could also benefit from your generosity towards Jpool1.

Regardless, my offer of pepper seeds stands for those who want them, though if you want more than 2 seeds per variety we'll have to wait for fall maturity for many of the younger 1st generation plants.

Thank you in advance for the consideration of my post.

Bookmark   May 23, 2009 at 12:07PM
More Discussions
banana and lime mints
I would love to hear from anyone growing these and...
shane11
Mold on Dirt
Couple of questions. I am using the Burpee Greenhouses...
jaltman
Leaning Basil
I have this basil I grew from a cutting and since I...
Shower-MayFlower
Anyone here who grows Nepeta?
I want to grow Nepeta but not Nepeta Cataria (catnip)....
cooperdr_gw
Starting & Growing Mandrake
Hello! So, I was lucky enough to receive 5 Mandrake,...
stardrifting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™