Wormwood tips much appreciated :)

LullabyF360January 20, 2013

I just received some wormwood seeds. I have done my research on sowing these, but I would prefer the experience and tips on growing wormwood rather than generic 1-2-3 steps from articles :/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
makalu_gw(z5b NY)

The only time I started wormwood, I just sprinkled the seeds on the top of some seed starting mix and then watered the mix from the top so the seeds settled in well. After that, I just added a clear cover to the mix to keep the seeds moist and they came up fine. Once started, I had no problem growing wormwood with the exception that one year I forgot to cut the seed heads off and they re-seeded all over the place.

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 9:47AM
LullabyF360

Have you ever heard of wormwood being used as deer repeleant for other plants, such as trees or shrubs? The "tea" made from wormwood I know is used as a natural pesticide, but I wonder about deer :/ or possibly even handing a bundle of leaves from the branches.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 3:00PM
makalu_gw(z5b NY)

I don't know about using a tincture but just having it in the ground near other plants does nothing for me ... the deer just walk right through / around it and eat the other plants.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
Bushy Dill
I am an admirer of the the large and lush fresh dill...
chervil2
Growing herbs
Hi all new to this gardening so want as someone something. I...
margowicz
Mold on Dirt
Couple of questions. I am using the Burpee Greenhouses...
jaltman
Where can I get Equisetum arvense or Horsetail
I've been looking for Equisetum arvense or Horsetail...
forestelves
banana and lime mints
I would love to hear from anyone growing these and...
shane11
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™