Best place to purchase herb seeds?

mmiesseFebruary 19, 2013

Where's your favorite place to purchase good herb seeds from? I'm hoping online somehow, but it could be for a local store with an online purchasing option.
One of the most specific seeds I'm searching for is Holy Basil (Tulsi). But I also plan on purchasing many other herbs to grow.

In addition, has anybody had experience growing Holy Basil? Its properties are vast and beneficial, so I want to grow the best plant possible!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fatamorgana2121(Zone 5/6)

What kind of seeds are you looking for specifically? Most vegetable seed vendors carry culinary herb seeds as well. If medicinal herbs, try Richters and Horizon Herbs.

I grow holy basil. Like sweet basil, I direct sow it into fertile garden beds. Grows wonderfully. I've had the best results with seed I've gotten from Horizon Herbs.

FataMorgana

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:42AM
wally_1936(8b)

I do not know about anyone else but once I plant the seeds I make sure I have one plant that I let go to seed as those seeds seem to do much better than any you might buy and the price is time.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 12:24PM
Raw_Nature(5 OH)

Bakers creek has a nice selection of herbs and all plants for that matter... I been looking for medicinal plants and they have alot of them! Cheap to.. 2-3 for a decent amount of seeds.. I had very good germination rates in all their seeds.. Also shipping is only $3 and you get it in a week or so..

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
Why is my basil wilted?
My roommate picked up this basil from the grocery store....
endi92
Reputable seed company
For those who buy their seeds, who do you consider...
martini100_gw
How many seeds do I plant in a seed starter kit cell?
I'm sure this is one of those questions that almost...
drayven
Basil has me stumped
Hi - any idea what is attacking my basil? It is in...
martini100_gw
Where can I get Equisetum arvense or Horsetail
I've been looking for Equisetum arvense or Horsetail...
forestelves
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™