Best place to purchase herb seeds?

mmiesseFebruary 19, 2013

Where's your favorite place to purchase good herb seeds from? I'm hoping online somehow, but it could be for a local store with an online purchasing option.
One of the most specific seeds I'm searching for is Holy Basil (Tulsi). But I also plan on purchasing many other herbs to grow.

In addition, has anybody had experience growing Holy Basil? Its properties are vast and beneficial, so I want to grow the best plant possible!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fatamorgana2121(Zone 5/6)

What kind of seeds are you looking for specifically? Most vegetable seed vendors carry culinary herb seeds as well. If medicinal herbs, try Richters and Horizon Herbs.

I grow holy basil. Like sweet basil, I direct sow it into fertile garden beds. Grows wonderfully. I've had the best results with seed I've gotten from Horizon Herbs.

FataMorgana

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:42AM
wally_1936(8b)

I do not know about anyone else but once I plant the seeds I make sure I have one plant that I let go to seed as those seeds seem to do much better than any you might buy and the price is time.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 12:24PM
Raw_Nature(5 OH)

Bakers creek has a nice selection of herbs and all plants for that matter... I been looking for medicinal plants and they have alot of them! Cheap to.. 2-3 for a decent amount of seeds.. I had very good germination rates in all their seeds.. Also shipping is only $3 and you get it in a week or so..

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
African blue basil
I live in central TN and am looking for an African...
rksamon
Need help with basil and other herbs
I am trying to grow herbs and I live in India. Firstly,...
zenovia_p
Reputable seed company
For those who buy their seeds, who do you consider...
martini100_gw
Leaning Basil
I have this basil I grew from a cutting and since I...
Shower-MayFlower
Where can I get Equisetum arvense or Horsetail
I've been looking for Equisetum arvense or Horsetail...
forestelves
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™