Can I freeze raw milk?

keepitlow(6)February 24, 2010

When I visit my mom in PA I pick up some raw milk. I have no stores that sell it in my local, they said it was illegal. But I can't seem to use the milk all up before they expire.

The raw milk is super expansive, and can't afford to waste it. I think the last ones I bought were $5 a half gallon. I was wondering if they can be frozen in their plastic bottles for later use as needed? Or, do you think the freezing messes up any of the benefit of drinking raw milk?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Won't address any of the "benefits" of drinking raw milk as it is a very controversial topic and would only stir things up. ;) But yes you can freeze it for a short period. It separates in the process just like all milk but can easily be remixed once thawed.

Dave

Bookmark   February 24, 2010 at 3:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ekgrows

Yes - you can. We go to a farm every 2 weeks to get milk, and since it is a long drive - the farmer mentioned he has customers that go less often, and freeze it. I have never done it - but it is possible. Just make sure to remove some milk from the bottles before freezing to allow room for expansion.

Bookmark   February 24, 2010 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Cranberry Hal. pepper jelly aka turkey's revenge
Is there any reason why I can't use dries crandberries...
ahbee01
Is GMO corn cobs safe for corn cob jelly?
This is the time around here that the farmers are picking...
myfamilysfarm
Probably a Cooking Forum question
I never go to that forum and I know several here who...
gardengalrn
Is it OK to harvest greens with mildew?
I have some mustard greens covered with white powdery...
donegonegreen
Freezing stuffed peppers?
I have sooo many beautiful sweet peppers and quite...
aka_peggy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™