Loblaws Heucheras

hippieindenialMay 6, 2013

Hi everyone,

What Heuchera, Heucherella and Tiarella are available in your local Loblows garden centres?

I visited my closest location yesterday and picked up one called 'Amber Lady'. There's not much about it on the Internet but it is pretty. They had others but I can't remember them all...a few were 'Sugar Plum', 'Caramel' and 'Plum Pudding'.

Here are pictures:

Amber Lady (for me):

Sugar Plum (for my dad - got this one for myself last year):

Vanessa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
on_greenthumb

I haven't really checked out Loblaws too heavily for Heucs....I did just buy other things.......I should check it out. they had some gorgeous Georgia Peaches last year

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 3:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hippieindenial

Today I received the President's Choice Insider's Report Garden Edition and inside it said this:

"We've had so much success going to plant trials to get exclusives on the hottest new annuals that now we're shopping them for perennials. Recently, we visited plant trials at Walters Gardens in Michigan, where they specialize in perennial plant breeding. One of our best discoveries is our exclusive Heuchera Amber Lady. Vibrant reddish orange maple-leaf-type foliage transforms throughout the season to provide a splashy display of colour. Compact, it grows into a nice large mound. It's super-hardy and will do well in sun or partial shade!"

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Heucheras and Hostas?
I'm new to Heucheras...just bought several. I read...
cakbu
Rose Hill Gardens
For All You Heuchera Lovers near Hobart WI,,,, Rose...
newhostaaddict
New heucheras, fall sale!!!
Cant believe I was outside taking pictures this morning,...
sherrygirl zone5
New to gardenweb
I have enjoyed reading and looking all the posts on...
motherwellscotland
This forum moves slower than a snail on sleeping pills!
Yup, exactly..Doesn't anyone have anything to share...
meyermike_1micha
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™