How many do you have?

jan_on zone 5bMay 6, 2012

Just how serious is your heuchera habit? I have about 20 varieties plus a few duplicates. I have far to go! Think I'm going to need a bigger garden.

Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thisismelissa

I have about 50-60 varieties of heuchera, heucherella and tiarella... plus one Mukdenia... a cousin.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 7:58PM
CindyCRNA(6a)

I have 53 plants in 13 varieties but have a wish list for more.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 11:19AM
marquest(z5 PA)

I never counted. Maybe about 40 different ones but I have a lot of duplicates. So there are about 100 throughout the gardens. I am on 4 acres so there is a lot of filling going on out there. lol

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 12:42PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

I'm not positive but I think I have over thirty.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 7:04PM
monet_g

I don't have many - maybe 15 or so and a few cultivars are duplicates. One or two are from a NOID mother that was in the garden when I moved to this house 20 years ago.
Gail

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:35PM
hippieindenial

I have 76 Heucheras, Heucherella's and Tiarella's....I think I have an addiction problem. I'm glad I decided to start labeling them when I had about 5. Originally, the plan was to only label my Hosta and Echinacea.....I think Astilbe's are next...lol

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 9:20PM
kskaren(z5 MO)

I hadn't counted before, but I found 18 different varieties, which is surprising, because I've just recently realized how much I love these little cuties! Well on my way to serious problems, here!!

Karen

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 1:33PM
nutmeg4061(5b)

Maybe 15. A small enough number that I didn't think I needed to label the purplish red ones...WRONG.
I'm already confused on which is which. That's one chore I will be figuring out soon when I take some pics.
Michelle

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 6:30PM
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida

I have 8 of them now. It is not a plant I find here in Florida and I just got in 6 mail order. Hooked. Paula

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 8:32PM
ishareflowers

This prompted me to go out and count my heucheras, I have 147 planted and dozens of off shoots and roots potted to give away. I didn't count how many are repeats but I know there are dozens. I just cant get enough of these babies!

Lisa

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 6:20AM
kskaren(z5 MO)

Oh my goodness, Lisa! We want to see pictures!!

Michelle, I also have some purple ones that I'm not sure what they are, either! (insert red face here). I know which one is Palace Purple, but I don't think they all are. I'm sensing a "Purple NOID" thread coming....

Karen

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 11:30AM
breezygirl(8)

Good question. I lost a few of the new treasures I bought three years when the new baby, my DF's cancer, and the whole house reno took over and I forgot to water. :-( So I must be down to about 70 or so now. I don't generally buy more than one or two of any variety as my theory is that I'll have more room for new intros if I only buy one of each. Oh, addiction. ((sigh))

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 12:38AM
kskaren(z5 MO)

Ok, I can see we definitely need to start a Heuchera Alphabet here. C'mon you hard core fanatics, get to enabling us newbies!!

Karen

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 9:35AM
jan_on zone 5b

Some rather serious collectors here - so a great source of information for the rest of us! I hope we're all taking our cameras to the garden...........
Jan

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 6:53PM
irawon(5a Ottawa)

I have 46 varieties of heucheras, 6 heucherellas and 5 tiarellas. "Palace Purple' self seeds like crazy, so I use it as a filler everywhere. It even seeded and grew in a crack in a retaining wall.

Wierd, I can post pictures directly from my desktop to the hosta forum but not here, as the CHOOSE button has disappeared.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 12:50PM
More Discussions
New Heuchera, fall sale, part 2!
Two more of the 4 clearance heuchera I got. This one...
sherrygirl zone5
Why don't my heucheras thrive?
I like them so much, but I'm becoming disillusioned...
sandyslopes z5 n. UT
This Heuchera is a blooming machine in my mt. garden.
Heuchera 'Canyon Duet' Sorry, don't know how to turn...
zoohortmmm
Which Heuchera cultivars are working for you?
The green industry is rushing lots of Heuchera to market....
Plant More Natives
Cover for heuchera pot is missing -- should I replace?
All winter, the plastic bowls I fastened over my heuchie...
Esther-B, Zone 7b
Sponsored Products
Crystal Bakehouse Three-Light Pendant in Silver Leaf Finish with Handcrafted, Po
Bellacor
Hudson Valley Colton 17" High Old Bronze Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Beaumont Twin Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve & Diverter 2 Outlets
Hudson Reed
Divi Satin Nickel One-Light Halogen Square Canopy Wall Sconce with Garnet Glass
$153.00 | Bellacor
Camel Bicycle Aqua Shield Doormat
$29.99 | zulily
Angus The Toad Garden Statue - 328
$44.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™