Are 24 oz jars really coming back?

pixie_louFebruary 18, 2012

I see them on the Goodmans.com web site. They claim they are on back order, will be back in stock on 23 February. I don't see them on the Ball Fresh Preserving web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pint and a half jars

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

pressurecanning.net also has them for pre-order. Ball did that survey with lots of us last year about if we wanted them and said if the response was positive enough they would bring them back. I hope it was enough.

Dave

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 6:38PM
2ajsmama

Looks like it is - though maybe they're waiting to see how many pre-order before they actually start production.

$10 for 9 jars doesn't seem bad, but I won't pre-order since it's not worth it to pay shipping. But if shipping was free (Ace or Walmart "site to store") then I might.

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 9:54AM
pixie_lou

I didn't even notice that there were only 9 jars in the box. Thanks for pointing that out. I did notice that they are shown as wide mouth jars - which doesn't exactly thrill me either.

I'm tempted to order some, but if you add in shipping, it's still cheaper for me to buy commercial spaghetti sauce and dump the contents.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 12:36PM
Materex

pixie lou...you made me laugh about your comment about buying commercial spaghetti and dumping the contents, but you do have a point. I like to give people my salsa and green tomato pickles and I don't mind the hours of my labor or the expense of running the stove, but the expense of the glass jars (if they're not returned) bothers me.

P.S. I grew up around glass, in Winchester, Indiana where Anchor Hocking is, not for from Dunkirk where Kerr glass was and lived in Muncie, Home of Ball Brothers. Also working at a V-8 factory in a tiny town call Saratoga.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 7:52PM
mellyofthesouth(9a FL)

The classico jars are smaller than they used to be. I asked my sister to save some for me since she bought some at a bogo sale. I have one of the pint and a half jars that was given to me from freecycle a few years ago. I haven't used it much since it is the only one I have.

Goodman's has a special right now if you like them facebook they will give you a code for 5% off.

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
*&%$#@!!! Marmalade!
After the "Key Lime Rubber Marmalade" and...
gardengrl
Is my turkey stock too thick to can?
I made stock two nights ago, last night I went to skim...
SaraBeth Williams
Carnitas pressure canning question
Hello! I've been reading up on DigDirt's carnitas (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg051438097651.html)...
PirateJeni
Does anyone use a pH meter in home canning?
My question is about the Wisconsin extension document...
randaloulton
Have you made sweet & sour Indian lemon pickles?
I have made north African preserved lemons several...
veeta
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™