trying to find a few heucheras I had

alyciaadamo(3/4)August 25, 2014

I used to have a ton of heucheras, but the wonderful winter of 2012 killed most of them of then last winter did in every one else except for the three I have left. Georgia Peach, Berry Smoothie and a tiny midnight rose. So I am now looking to buy these heucheras. Dolce Licorice, Autumn Leaves, Hercules and Sashay. I can only find a few at Bluestone perennials or Garden crossings. Who both have very negative reviews about them. I know it is really the worst time to be trying to find plants but I haven't had money until now to buy plants. Dolce Licorice is the one I am trying to find the most, I really loved that one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or if you have had a positive experience with either one of these companies it would help make me feeling better about spending $17 on one heuchera.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kris_zone6

Wait until next spring before replacing them. I have purchased from Bluestone several times and been happy.

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 7:17PM
flower_frenzy(8a)

Personally, if I buy heuchs online as opposed to my local nursery, I always order from Casita Azul. Their heuchs run about $12.99 for a 3" pot and they have an awesome selection. They're also having a special right now. If your plant order is $35 or more, they give you 10% off your entire order.

All of that said, I don't think they have Dolce Licorice. They do have many darks leaved ones to choose from, though. Obsidian would be an excellent substitute if you don't end up finding the one you're looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casita Azul

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 8:14PM
alyciaadamo(3/4)

I used to buy from Casita Azul all the time, but the last time I had bought from them everything had been super tiny and almost all the plants died. I have been thinking about trying them again though to see if they got better again. But they don't have the Dolce Licorice I looked at them first. They are the ones I got most of my heucheras from in the first place. They are all sold out of the ones that I would want from them.

Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 12:50PM
alvina01

Its sad that you lost your Huecheras. There are many online shop, i used to buy from Hoastsdirect.

Bookmark   January 27, 2015 at 5:23AM
cakbu(9)

I have been happy purchasing from Santarosagardens.com. Many of their heucheras are on sale now at half-price.

Bookmark   January 27, 2015 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
New Heuchera, fall sale, part 2!
Two more of the 4 clearance heuchera I got. This one...
sherrygirl zone5
Spring Cleanup
Are you all trimming off the winter burnt leaves from...
dgregory_so.cntrl.IL_zone6a
wrong pronunciation
Heucheras are named after German botanist and his name...
churchofbotany
Fall is the time to enjoy Heuchera!
When most of the plants start to look really bad, the...
vivian_2010
Divide and repot my blooming heuchera?
A Most of my heuchera are blooming like crazy. The...
cakbu z9 CA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™