locating heirloom mum plants??

sel570(deep south)September 23, 2004

Does anyone here know where I could purchase some heirloom mum plants through mail order or over the internet?

Thanks,

sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

Sarah,

Most specialty mum companies I know sell mum slips which are rooted but small and have to be grown on to get to mature size.

I don't know your weather that well but here in the nort h in zone 5 we need to get them in after frost in the Spring and most varieties need to be pinched back around the fourth of July and then allowed to bush out for Fall mums.

I would imagine you'd need to know the variety names for the ones you're interested in in order to be able to find those specififc varieties at those specialy companies.

Do you know which ones you want?

Carolyn

Bookmark   September 23, 2004 at 10:54PM
ginny12

Try selectseeds.com. They specialize in antique and heirloom flower seeds. They list one heirloom mum. They seem to be sold out of it for this year but you can make a note for next year. The one they list does well in the South, they say.

Bookmark   September 29, 2004 at 2:01PM
luvs2plant(z9 TX)

Sarah, have you had any luck locating them?

Southern Living's September issue featured an article about heirloom mums that caught my eye. They didn't include a list of sources. Haven't tried emailing them yet, but my search on the internet didn't turn up much. Disappointing, because the ones they pictured were gorgeous!

Bookmark   October 20, 2004 at 7:29AM
virginiamc_yahoo_com

I have some heirloom mums if you are still interested you can email me virginiamc@yahoo.com

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 8:22AM
More Discussions
heirloom daylilies
I am the Steward of a historic pre-1900 garden on the...
benton1873
Naked seeded pumpkins
I am going to grow Gleisdorfer Naked Seeded Pumpkin...
Trishcuit
Heirloom petunias
Years ago - during the 1950's - my mother grew petunias....
Chance1945
Homestead tomatoes
I don't know if they just don't like me or what, but...
corrigan
heirloom tomato info
Has anyone heard of a tomato called "Mt. Pleasant'?...
katek
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™